Smart Meetings - Toxic | Glassdoor

"Toxic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Smart Meetings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The location is great- the office over looks the water. Adds an element of calmness in an otherwise head wrecking environment. The publisher is a rue visionary.

Cons

The owners argue. Neither knows how to manage an individual let alone multiple departments. The owners manipulate and are psychotic.

Advice to Management

Let your employees do the job they were hired to do. Don't micromanage and start taking a leap of faith and trust the people you pay to do their job.

May 12, 2017 – CEO

"We have met the enemy and it is us" -POGO while we truly achieve great things every month this is an all or nothing comment and so hard to respond to a character assasin. A leader does not know ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Smart Meetings

"Smart Meetings is a rewarding work enviroment"

Current Employee - Director of Meetings and Events in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Meetings and Events in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently moved from Nashville, TN to Sausalito, CA to join the Smart Meetings Team as the Director, Meetings & Events. Smart Meetings is a unique and successful media and events company. We are encouraged to run our daily activities as entrepreneurs making decisions based on best business practices. My last few months have been rewarding and our events team successful. Leadership is dedicated to providing professional development and resources to encourage and increase skill sets. The name of our game is results with dedication to customer service and individual success. The entire staff was recently invited to a corporate suite at the AT&T Stadium to enjoy a Giants Game on Saturday, April 20. I am looking forward to joining my colleagues for some fun down time!

Cons

I have not experienced any cons of working at Smart Meetings. I made the transition from Nashville to Sausalito and miss a great many of my friends, but that was to be expected. I love living in Northern California

Nov 22, 2013 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

"Awesome!!"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I felt warmly welcomed here from day one. The staff is very friendly and I've felt that my work is much appreciated. The office is located in a beautiful place and staff members routinely travel to some of the most incredible places in North America. In short, it's been a fantastic place to work.

Cons

As with other publications, deadlines and workload sometimes can be challenging, but my managers have displayed a great deal of understanding and flexibility regarding these matters.

Nov 22, 2013 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.