Smartsheet - friendly to employees | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"friendly to employees"

I have been working at Smartsheet part-time

Pros

it is nice working at Smartsheet. The culture is open and you can tell company values employees a lot.

Cons

the employees here are less diverse. Over 80% are whites

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Love the environment here"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Shoreline, WA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Shoreline, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are willing to help transfer knowledge here. You are working with smart and dedicated people who sincerely not only believe in the product but enjoy working with it as well also.

The goals of the company is also projected in a very transparent manner where you know the same vision as the executives.

This company is the complete opposite of where I was coming from. Talent and hard work will keep you engaged.

Cons

None yet. I am still pretty new, but the only con I could see is possibly losing the current culture with all the growth. I hope growth numbers don’t supersede quality of work life.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. With the amount of growth coming up, processes could get a bit laxed but so far, I love the openness from the top down.

"Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a senior software developer, I'm entrusted with driving projects from start to finish. I spend the vast majority of my time actually working, not attending meetings and managing a busy email inbox. I write much more code than I have at any other job. I'm not overworked, though -- we have a great work/life balance. I'm expected to show up, do my job well, and then go home. The lack of ping pong tables is intentional.

We have great opportunities for professional development. Employees give weekly brownbags on relevant tech topics, there's plenty of budget for books and tools, and conferences can be attended. There was a recent group git training for employees who wanted to improve their skills and college hires are taken through an early career development program where they're paired with senior developers for mentoring. There's an overall culture of learning.

Finally, I enjoy working with everyone on the team. I sit intermingled with QA and product management and have great communication with them. Everyone has joint ownership of the product and takes pride in it. It's a mature, supportive atmosphere where people work well together and try to do the right thing.

Cons

The company is growing very quickly and what worked for a company of 100 doesn't always work as well at a company of 600. The biggest thing I see now is communication can break down and some people just don't get the information that they need. It's a recognized problem and the company is actively trying to improve the situation by learning from projects that both do well and do poorly. I'm confident they'll find the right balance of formalizing things a bit while not getting to the "all communication must be in email" culture of some big companies.

We tend to have pretty bad name recognition. You'll end up explaining what Smartsheet is to most people you talk to. That's improving, but not fast enough. It's a hard problem, since we're not a consumer product. The good news is that everyone I've met who knows Smartsheet has great things to say about it, there have just been very few of those people.

Discover more reviews about Smartsheet.