Smartsheet - friendly to employees | Glassdoor

"friendly to employees"

I have been working at Smartsheet part-time

Pros

it is nice working at Smartsheet. The culture is open and you can tell company values employees a lot.

Cons

the employees here are less diverse. Over 80% are whites

Other Employee Reviews for Smartsheet

"Good company accept the SDR team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The CDM team is great! The management is very supportive and they set you up to succeed in that role. Most of the account are fairly healthy and customers generally like the product.

Cons

Unfortunately all teams aren’t created equal, atleast in the sales vertical. The poor SDR’s are micromanaged and treated like 2nd class citizens. And it’s now becoming a trend that when they go to HR about their mistreatment, they’re fired. I didn’t realize Smartsheet was the type of company that tolerated retaliation against employees for expressing their concerns. HR is supposed to be a safe place, but apparently not at this company. I’m lucky enough to be apart of a great team there and haven’t had a reason to go but I feel like if I ever did, my days here would be numbered.

Advice to Management

Stop firing people for going to HR. It’s blatant retaliation.

Smartsheet Response

Nov 1, 2017 – Smartsheet

Thanks for your feedback. We’re glad you appreciate the client development (CDM) sales culture in Boston. The sales development representative (SDR) position provides an early-career entry point to... More

"Love the environment here"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Shoreline, WA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Shoreline, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are willing to help transfer knowledge here. You are working with smart and dedicated people who sincerely not only believe in the product but enjoy working with it as well also.

The goals of the company is also projected in a very transparent manner where you know the same vision as the executives.

This company is the complete opposite of where I was coming from. Talent and hard work will keep you engaged.

Cons

None yet. I am still pretty new, but the only con I could see is possibly losing the current culture with all the growth. I hope growth numbers don’t supersede quality of work life.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. With the amount of growth coming up, processes could get a bit laxed but so far, I love the openness from the top down.