Smashburger - Your average big franchise experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Smashburger

"Your average big franchise experience"

I worked at Smashburger part-time

Pros

You are always busy, customers are friendly most of the time, and appreciate the fact that you do more than seemingly necessary

Cons

Seems as though everyone is watching to see if you will make a mistake, or that you are running at warp speed always, no break which is kind of illegal

Advice to Management

Take a look at how your employees work for yourself

Other Employee Reviews for Smashburger

1. "Hiring process"

Current Employee - General Manager in SanFrancisco (Venezuela)
    Current Employee - General Manager in SanFrancisco (Venezuela)

I have been working at Smashburger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very easy process to go through ! Very informative and excited company in all it has to offer! It is great feeling to see such passionate people who believe in all they have to offer! Very exciting future with a road map to guide you thru every step of the way! If you want a future Smashburger has it! You simply just have to take ownership and do your part! A win win partnership for anyone who is ambitious and wants to grow!

Cons

I have not seen any negatives as long as you take ownership and do your part ! A great road map to follow!

Advice to Management

If you want a future this company provides all the tools!You simply just get on the bus and start your journey! A great career path to follow! It's a company that believes in its people and as long as you believe in your self the sky is the limit

2. "AWESOME place to work (My second family)"

Current Employee - Cook and GSE in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Cook and GSE in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Smashburger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work with a lot of awesome people and friends at my Smashburger location. Everyday I have an enjoyable shift because the people I work with are always nice and respectful to each other. Here we are more like big family rather then just a group of people making food. There are often opportunities to move up as long as you are showing initiative. Very flexible hours and a management team that will always listen to any concerns you might have and try to fix them as soon as they can.

Cons

I do not really have any cons except for if you do not plan on moving up in the company very soon it is difficult to get raises that would be fit for a longer term employee.

Advice to Management

Every six months management does reviews of its employees and that determines a raise amount, unfortunately it is virtually impossible to get any higher then 15 cents each review which is only a 30 cent raise a year. For long term employees who know the job well and do very good as well as teach all new employees various information these raises seem way too insignificant. I've been here 3 years and worked in the front and back and am one of the most experienced people at my store but still got 15 cents every 6 months for a raise.