Smile Brands - BrightNow! Dental | Glassdoor

"BrightNow! Dental"

Former Employee - Skip Tracer, Collector in Santa Ana, CA
Former Employee - Skip Tracer, Collector in Santa Ana, CA

Pros

The people are fun and kind. There is a good amount of diversity in the company which gives a sense of equality. Supervisors in my department and other departments seem fit for their positions. They show care and concern for their work and take time out of their day to listen to subordinate concerns. An open door policy shows good faith and helps build trust between supervisors and their subordinates. They also allow departments to briefly celebrate employee birthdays, which gives a nice little break for everyone to relax so they can take time to reset and re-energize before jumping back into the work.

Cons

The company lack concern for their customers. While working as a collector they tend to ignore many of the financial concerns of the patients. Office Managers at the BrightNow! Dental offices are said to have been ignorant of their patients concerns and let issues go unresolved. Bills then go unpaid and land in the collections department where collectors are unable to collect since there is a pending dispute. Many of these disputes would be resolved very easily if the managers in charge would take time to address the issues. The managers say they lack time and they have other priorities that come first. Then the patient bills go to the credit bureaus, hurting the credit of their patients, though the patients are more than willing to pay if they get their concerns addressed.

Advice to Management

There is no excuse to not have time to help out your patients/customers! Patients are your business and when issues arise from the treatment or billing issues, they should be addressed immediately. Patients should not feel alone in resolving these matters. If management lacks the time to do it then they need to hire someone else to assist the patients in the office for billing purposes and complaints.

Other Employee Reviews for Smile Brands

"Improvement needed"

Current Employee - Rdh in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Rdh in Nashville, TN

Pros

The hours are pretty good.

Cons

Management acts like their employees are dispenseable. I have worked with probably 40-50 people in a office that has only 6 positions in 7 years. Decisions are made without any input from the people who are actually doing the work. Everyone I know who is employed there is constantly looking for another avenue.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees . Give recognition and feedback so that the company can improve. Make everyone feel apart of what is going on. Try to get rid of your superegos.

2. "Regional Vice President"

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time

Pros

I worked at Smile Brands for 15 years and in 2010 decided it was time for a change. I recently returned after being gone for 7 years. There has never been a better time to join Smile Brands. With the return of Steve Bilt, Brad Schmidt and others, everything old is new again! I realized during my time away what an amazing company it was to work with and be a part of with Bilt at the helm. Smile Brands is on it's journey from Good to Great and I am thrilled to be a member of the team and enjoying the ride. A job is something you do for money, work is something you do for love, I love coming to work every day with this amazing group of people and professionals.

Cons

There are no cons, only pros!

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on the culture, it's alive and well!