Smith Hanley Associates - Great Learning Experience | Glassdoor

"Great Learning Experience"

Pros

Great location, compensation/benefits and potential to succeed in position.

Cons

Lack of leadership, poor communication with staff and blatant favoritism from management.

Other Employee Reviews for Smith Hanley Associates

"So far so good"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Smith Hanley Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We are given all of the tools we need to succeed and basically run our own businesses, with the guidance of a Principal who acts as a mentor. Although we are all doing our own thing, everyone is extremely supportive and internal competition is low (unlike other recruiting firms). It's a great environment for someone who is entrepenuerial and hardworking.

Cons

Having a closed door office would be nice, since we don't need to collaberate much with other team members during the day. This way you'd feel like you could be as loud as you want on the phone without worrying you're disturbing others. It would also promote productivity when you have your own space.

"Leaders in our recruiting areas"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Fairfield, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Fairfield, CT

I have been working at Smith Hanley Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about being a recruiter at Smith Hanley is how well-known and how highly thought of we are in the areas we recruit in. When I was recruited to this job, my manager told me companies would call us to help them fill positions...I thought it was just hype, but it really does happen. We have been recruiting in this area so long and so well, that clients return to use us over and over again. Sure makes my job easier!

Cons

Would be nice to work in the same office with the Chicago staff. We have so much overlap, but I don't want to move there and they don't want to move here!

Advice to Management

We missed our summer party last year! Let's have one this year!