Smith Protective Services - Good people bad communication | Glassdoor
  1. "Good people bad communication"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Houston, TX

I have been working at Smith Protective Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

People work with you to get the on a schedule that works in your favor. People are friendly with a sense of humor. Good company to get your foot in the door if your looking to get into security.

Cons

No communication between posts, if you want to become commissioned you have to hound someone until it happens. Under paid for what we do, and almost everyone employed agrees that you should find another company once you get enough experience. The benefits are bare bones, good for regular checkups but if something happens on the job or off, you have no actual coverage.

Advice to Management

Don't know where to start. Take care of your employees and you might get more loyalty from them. Having armed guards make the same as unarmed is dumb, when they have more training and have more dangerous positions.

Smith Protective Services2017-08-05

Other Employee Reviews

1. "100% Supportive"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Smith Protective Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

To be 100% honest, I have been in business development, marketing and advertising for 20 plus years ..... I do my job and the return on investment is the professionalisms I receive from my team here at Smith Protective Services.... do your job and your dedication is rewarded... Hard work pays off 👊🏼😉

Cons

Nothing that I can think of, I have a very supportive team!

Smith Protective Services2019-01-21
  2. "Decent Job"

Former Employee - Scheduler in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Smith Protective Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Manager Great location Easygoing work environment

Cons

Low wages, lots to do, no room to move up

Smith Protective Services2019-04-19

Discover more reviews about Smith Protective Services.