Smith Protective Services - Professional Business with a family backing | Glassdoor
  1. "Professional Business with a family backing"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Smith Protective Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working in a family owned and run business that has been around for over a hundred years is in of itself astonishing, but when the family makes it a point to get out and meet with its people to show they care for all their hard work; well that just makes it even better. I have worked off and on with Smith for over 10 years, and now that I am no longer in my chosen field of work of Fire/EMS, I have dedicated myself... to this company in hopes of making my part of it even better.

Cons

The days can be long and often frustrating, and the various of types of people that come and go can often times make it even more frustrating.

Advice to Management

Sometimes I feel that there is a need to bring back a little old school mentality to this line of work. When we hire new people, we should invest a minimum of one to two days of in house training to go over what our policies, procedures, etc are; and to teach everyone how to write a prim, and proper DOR, or IR report that will not only make the client happy, but maybe make the Ops team shed a tear that there may yet... be some hope for the guard / patrol divisions yet.

Smith Protective Services2018-04-28

Other Employee Reviews

1. "100% Supportive"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Smith Protective Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

To be 100% honest, I have been in business development, marketing and advertising for 20 plus years ..... I do my job and the return on investment is the professionalisms I receive from my team here at Smith Protective Services.... do your job and your dedication is rewarded... Hard work pays off 👊🏼😉

Cons

Nothing that I can think of, I have a very supportive team!

Smith Protective Services2019-01-21
  2. "Decent Job"

Former Employee - Scheduler in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Smith Protective Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Manager Great location Easygoing work environment

Cons

Low wages, lots to do, no room to move up

Smith Protective Services2019-04-19

Discover more reviews about Smith Protective Services.