SmithBucklin - Rewards Galore (if rewards are working 60hr/wk and earning comp time you cant use) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SmithBucklin

"Rewards Galore (if rewards are working 60hr/wk and earning comp time you cant use)"

Former Employee - Senior Coordinator in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Senior Coordinator in Washington, DC

I worked at SmithBucklin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met a lot of fabulous people who are now a mix of professional colleagues and friends. I also was continually told that I was a top performer, which is something good to hear from your supervisors.

Cons

There was really no reward for being a top performer. The semi-annual bonuses were like $500 (which amounts to nothing after taxes are taken out, by the way), and the harder I worked (and subsequently longer hours), the more clients they assigned me and work they gave me. It became a continual game of catch up after my 2nd month and i wasn't able to reclaim my life until after I left. Additionally, most of the work I was doing was completely without guidance or supervision. My supervisor met with me 1xmo so she could assign me new projects. But all other meetings were larger team meetings where I took away very little. So sink or swim people! I'm just lucky that I was a good swimmer, but got out of the pool before I drowned.

Advice to Management

A company's long-term success relies on the people. Don't burn them all out or take them for granted. Also, there needs to be some sort of coup to get the Old Boys Club out of there. SmithBucklin could be great, but the CEO and his male minions are preventing that from happening.

Other Employee Reviews for SmithBucklin