SmithBucklin - Great Company That Truly Focuses On Their Employees and Clients | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SmithBucklin

"Great Company That Truly Focuses On Their Employees and Clients"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SmithBucklin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SmithBucklin is a truly unique company that delivers professional services to the Association Management market and has been doing this for more than 65 years. The environment provides a teaming, innovative and collaborative approach and is a great place to learn, grow and gain hands on transferable skills. The company culture driven by its guiding principles are consistent and demonstrated on a daily basis throughout all levels of the company that keeps the focus on delivering outstanding client service and success.

Cons

The unique environment of working with volunteers that have a primary 'day job' and often the need to balance and demonstrate patience working through commitments and deliverables. It takes some time to get used to that balance and environment but when comfortable is very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus and investment on technology, innovation and building of the services portfolio that will continue to drive client value and success for years to come.

Other Employee Reviews for SmithBucklin

1. "Great growth company"

Current Employee - Association Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Association Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SmithBucklin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to lead projects, work with industry leaders, manage events, learn about differant industries, handle differant aspects of operations, marketing, sales. Touches on all skills and it is never boring

Cons

During busy times it can get hectic but if you are a good multi-tasker it is a great place for you.

Advice to Management

The ESOP is such a unique aspect of working at SmithBucklin and allow for us all to feel like owners. Keep up the information sharing. It is unique.

2. "Great company that respects, rewards and invests in its employees."

Current Employee - Senior Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SmithBucklin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My tenure at SmithBucklin is just shy of two years and each day that I come to work, I’m more thankful than the next that I am fortunate enough to work for such an amazingly generous company. I don’t mean this in just a monetary way. Although how many companies reward their employees when they have a good year delivering successes to clients?! SmithBucklin does…with a new Ipad Air and an added bonus! What I am referring to is the countless opportunities that it offers its employees to develop, learn and improve both personally and professionally. Senior management is strong, in-tune, and always steers the company with sound and judicious decisions. As an employee owner (we are an ESOP and I own shares) I couldn’t be more proud and pleased with their efforts.

Cons

(I don’t think of this as a con)This is a fast paced work environment and not for those who don’t want to roll up their sleeves and work. However, hard work and dedication never goes unnoticed at SmithBucklin.

Advice to Management

Continue to identify and develop new leaders through the Leadership Learning Forum that our CEO established and facilitates. This program will have a huge impact on the future of the company!