Smokin Joes - Great Smokes. | Glassdoor

"Great Smokes."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

you get free smokes, it's got the same name as me, the owner is great and I think everyone has a really good attitude.

Cons

They only give one bathroom break a day, and that's pretty hard after you finish a smoke. But on the flip side you can smoke.

Other Employee Reviews for Smokin Joes

1. "Key Holder / Customer Service Rep."

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Key Holder in Tacony, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Key Holder in Tacony, PA

Pros

Cool environment, great Manager Vernell Ross. Great Product items, great place to work until the corp office blindsided us.

Cons

The corprate office shut our Tacony location without notice. left all workers with nothing... had to wait 4 months for unemployment. I was really enjoying my work there but they pulled the rug out from under us.

Advice to Management

Give some thought to your works don't leave them with no warning of the shut down so they can prepare themselves for the closing and being upruptly unemployed.

2. "More cons than pros"

Current Intern - Cashier in Sanborn, NY
    Current Intern - Cashier in Sanborn, NY

I have been working at Smokin Joes as an intern (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very laid back, good coworkers, Great customers

Cons

If you are not part of the manager's click, it doesn't matter how much and how hard you work, or how excellent your customer service skills are. You will be treated poorly. From what I have seen, sexual harassment, as well as other illegal treatment, is ok and even laughed and joked about! Don't bother to find someone in higher management or HR to talk to about Any problems, because it will either be brushed aside or ignored completely. I do not blame Joe A. but I do blame the one's that know what is and has been going on and do Nothing. Communication is nonexistent and it's always someone else's fault. For many of us that have worked there for so long, continue to deal with this treatment and mismanagement and NOT A THING gets heard or fixed!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the ones that think they can treat people any way they want and know that there is no repercussions, otherwise I'm sure the harassment and poor treatment will go even further than it already has.