Snap - An incredibly exciting environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Snap

"An incredibly exciting environment"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Snap full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Snapchat NYC is a blast. In less than a year, the office has grown immensely. You won't find any bean bag chairs or ball pits here like at other startups, but you will find a small, scrappy group of enthusiastic folks building a vibrant team in New York.
-If you work hard and seek out new ways to help your team, there's a ton of potential to move up and even take on new responsibilities within the company (even in Snapchat's LA headquarters). We're growing fast!
-Really enjoy Council, Snapchat's every-other-weekly "talk about your feelings" group sessions. The NYC team is super high-energy, so it's always fun and maybe even sometimes enlightening!

Cons

-Working with west coast folks can be tough because of the time difference, but rest assured you'll never be alone in the NY office. Between the sales team and the round-the-clock curation team, there's always someone to hang with (or grab Shake Shack with).
-Like I said, the office is very high energy. It can get loud!
-Don't expect much hands-on time with the CEO. But.... do expect late-night karaoke and bonding with the NY team!

Advice to Management

More places to meet. Two conference rooms is not nearly enough.

Other Employee Reviews for Snap

"Not perfect, but getting there"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Venice, CA

I have been working at Snap full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+fast growing platform that is truly changing the way we communicate
    +incredible pay
    +great, smart engineering team
    +ability to execute quickly on projects and ideas

Cons

+tempestuous and cocky ceo.
    +many inexperienced coworkers. lots of kids hired because they went to crossroads with evan or are someone seemingly important's kid
    +splintered offices in an isolated, expensive location. very poor sense of company culture.

Advice to Management

get a real COO that will foster company culture. i really cannot emphasize how important it is to have a mission statement and credo outside of vague and tired axioms. a company will die without one (see nasty gal's internal implosion as a great example.) and we REALLY need one, central office in a better location (sorry, but venice is godawful and incredibly expensive to boot) we need more mature c-levels and directors as well. i'm excited to see what will fall into place post-IPO and i know snapchat is the future.

"Snapchat is"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Venice, CA

I have been working at Snap (More than a year)

Pros

Snapchat is building the world that I not only want to live in, but more importantly, want to help create, and we're doing it with an absolutely amazing team - brilliant, humble, focused, and ambitious.

I'm particularly inspired and impressed by the manner in which we've designed a place and fostered a community that honors and appreciates experimentation, boldness, creativity, and truth. And how, in doing so, we're enabling, encouraging, and inspiring everyone (particularly artists, journalists, musicians, actors, and directors) to create and share feelings, emotions, expressions, works of art, and themselves with Snapchat, on Snapchat, and for the world.

Just thinking about the impact that this will have, the industries that we will transform, and the future that we are creating excites and invigorates me.

Cons

What's good:
    + The people and kind and empathetic; I’ve seen the team go above and beyond when someone is having a hard day or going through a family tragedy.
    + If you’re a voracious learner there is no better environment to grow than a fast paced start-up; I'm given a huge amount of autonomy and ownership, which at times can be scary but, in a little over a year I’ve grown so much. I am so grateful for the opportunity. Also we have awesome speaker series!
    + We have a lot of fun; whether it’s blasting music on Friday’s, spending time at team-offistes, beach volley-ball games, or getting together for an hour on Wednesday’s for a company sponsored council.

Advice to Management

More structured performance evaluations, greater insights in to up-and-coming products and overall strategy.