SnapLogic - The technology platform is great, but the company has execution problems. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SnapLogic

"The technology platform is great, but the company has execution problems."

Current Employee - Sales
Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding integration platform - best architecture for enterprise cloud integration. The technology is extremely scalable and open to extension for enterprises, while being extremely easy to use. No real competition for enterprise grade cloud integration.

Cons

Company has ongoing execution issues which prevent it from getting repeatable sales. Sr. Mgmt does not actively promote cross-functional communications, and operates from a top-down, command and control style. The company veers from crisis to crisis in a transactional manner, so its difficult for each function to scale and get efficient.

Advice to Management

Focus on the mid-market so the functional groups can become efficient as compared to reactionary.

Other Employee Reviews for SnapLogic

"Great Company to work for and a very exciting space"

Former Employee - Business Development in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SnapLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working at SnapLogic. People here are very helpful and encouraging. Everyone gets a long and works hard. Every Friday, everyone gets together for Snappy hour and also have team-bonding activities like bowling and go-kart racing.

Great space to be in but very challenging and complex. I am very thankful that SnapLogic had the courage to give me an opportunity to jump start my career in software.

Cons

Personally it was a hard decision to move on. The problem I had might only applied to myself, but I was looking for growth and a career path within inside sales/business development.

Advice to Management

Believe in your team and help people build a career path.

SnapLogic Response

Sep 11, 2013 – ‎Human Resource

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for being a member of the SnapLogic team. Our goal remains to grow, prosper and learn.

"Bombs Away.....Hope for a quick Sale...."

I worked at SnapLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very difficult to think of any tangible pros.

The Pay is 'ok' and at the low end market average
    The benefits are ok, and fully paid (employee only)
    Option grants are ok and at low Average for this type/age of Start-up
    Corporate office Bennies (free food, snacks, Beverages, Booze on Fridays at Happy Hour) are pretty typical for a Sil Valley company, nothing special but nice to have. (Meaningless to Field Employees)
    Some very smart and dedicated people, (but these are few, and are fleeing fast)
    Decent VC backing, but they are becoming
    A good Product base, the premise behind the platform is sound, and unique in this space.

Cons

1. Very poor leadership, no direction is given and everything (sales, ops, Eng) is in desperation mode.
    2. The best talent (sales, Eng etc) is leaving as fast as they can
    3. The product is half baked at best, and the new version is no where near ready (was forced out too soon by management, with no plan how to get existing customers upgraded, and its also lacking significant functionality available in the previous version)
    4. Leadership takes the attitude that if your not happy here then quit.
    5. The mantra is 'we are a start up, deal with it' is repeated ad nausea, constructive criticism from the rank and file is at best given lip service, and typically ignored all together.
    6. Product is priced way above the market., Ego at the leadership level wont change to meet market conditions.
    7. Lack of any type of repeatability or long term strategy in Sales.
    8. Some serious Ego without results in Sales and Leadership
    9. No marketing. You cant sell what people dont know about.
    10. Company reacts to criticism by placing forced fake reviews on Glassdoor (its obvious to everyone)
    11. Tremendous trun-over in Sales leads to constant new sales team ramp and further delays any type of repeatable go to market wins
    12. Mid level managers are either petty tyrants or completely incompetent, no direction or transparency to the rank and file.
    13. A very crowded and mature space, (integration) with no real strategy or plan how to deferentiate the offering and win customers.
    14. Lack of repeatability and sales means burn rate is high and VC funding is hard to come by.

Advice to Management

Too little too late is clearly not going to save you. A year ago you might have a had a chance, best you can hope for now is a larger player to scoop you up.

SnapLogic Response

Sep 11, 2013 – ‎Human Resource

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for being a member of the SnapLogic team. We acknowledge our flaws and look to always develop a positive and engaging work environment. We... More