SnapLogic - Good Work/Life Balance. Company is going places | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SnapLogic

"Good Work/Life Balance. Company is going places"

Current Contractor - Marketing Analyst in San Mateo, CA
Current Contractor - Marketing Analyst in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SnapLogic as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

-Fast pace environment without feeling overwhelmed
-Small enough that you see the fruits of your labor yet large enough to feel significant (large accounts with more being announced soon)
-Free lunches and happy hours
-Friendly co-workers
-Management treats you like an equal which is probably the best element of working here

Cons

-Because they are in the growing stage there isn't a lot of off-sites or other odd incentives that are so common in Silicon Valley. If you are new to the area this will hardly be an issue.
-People are always in and out of the office so the place can be dead at times.

Other Employee Reviews for SnapLogic

"Great Company to work for and a very exciting space"

Former Employee - Business Development in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SnapLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working at SnapLogic. People here are very helpful and encouraging. Everyone gets a long and works hard. Every Friday, everyone gets together for Snappy hour and also have team-bonding activities like bowling and go-kart racing.

Great space to be in but very challenging and complex. I am very thankful that SnapLogic had the courage to give me an opportunity to jump start my career in software.

Cons

Personally it was a hard decision to move on. The problem I had might only applied to myself, but I was looking for growth and a career path within inside sales/business development.

Advice to Management

Believe in your team and help people build a career path.

SnapLogic Response

Sep 11, 2013 – ‎Human Resource

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for being a member of the SnapLogic team. Our goal remains to grow, prosper and learn.

"Once in a lifetime opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have seen my career take shape while working at SnapLogic. Working with A players, you have to step your game up and this experience has taken my game to the next level. I've had the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds and companies in the world. From attending meetings at Andreessen Horowotiz to working with partners like Amazon, Box, Salesforce.com, Zuora, Splunk, SAP, Twitter, ServiceNow, to customers like GE, Target, Dannon, Experian, Pandora, TOMS Shoes, Newscorp, AMEX, ING and others, I've expanded my network and also had a chance to make a real impact in the world of cloud computing and SaaS.

Along those lines, SnapLogic has a work hard, play hard mantra. You can even bring your pets and/or your kinds into work! We have an open bar, happy (snappy) hour every friday, lots of basketball shooting competitions, robot wars, nerf gun fights and free meals but we support our teammates to the fullest. Even if that means working nights and weekends. Everyone is bought into one common mission and is working towards a single goal. The executive team is very seasoned and the investors are top notch. Free benefits!!

Working at a start up is a gamble but joining this start up was a no brainer. Since the rise of Cloud applications is now becoming a reality, Enterprises are looking for a new modern solution that fits this hybrid world. Software is eating the world and SnapLogic is smack in the middle of it. These types of opportunities only come along once in a lifetime.

Cons

Its a start up. You are going to wear many hats and works lots of hours. You dont always get to finish projects you start on. This type of environment isn't for everyone and I've seen people get burned out. Needs a better marketing presence to take advantage of a market that is ready to move to the cloud.

Advice to Management

Take advantage of your talent. Give them more responsibility and promote from within.

SnapLogic Response