Snelling - Got me work when I needed it between jobs. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Snelling

"Got me work when I needed it between jobs."

Former Employee - Labor in Statesboro, GA
Former Employee - Labor in Statesboro, GA

I worked at Snelling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my experience, I had a job offer within 3 days.

Cons

If the employer you work for through Snelling wants to hire you directly, there are many hoops to jump through.

Advice to Management

Stop overcharging for your temporary workers. It does not cost double what you pay the workers to keep that tiny office with 2 employees running.

Other Employee Reviews for Snelling

"Bait and Switch"

Former Employee - Medical Transcription/Data Entry Clerk in Macon, GA
    Former Employee - Medical Transcription/Data Entry Clerk in Macon, GA

I worked at Snelling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are almost promptly placed with a job. Snelling staff is very nice and professional, prompt regarding time sheets and paycheck processing. The pay was okay.

Cons

My work space was a stuffy storage closet with boxes and old furniture but it did not interfere with my work. I was promised a temp to perm job with a prestigious private medical firm. I was told I did not need to sign a contract but was suddenly shunned and ignored 2 weeks before my "verbal" contract was to expire. The company supervisor and the Snelling manager were misleading and evasive when I inquired about the reason I was not offered a permanent position. Another worker was brought in and hired permanently the week before contract expired. I really needed to know about my performance so I could avoid making mistakes on future jobs, but I never really got any straight answers from anyone. I was basically ignored.

Advice to Management

Check in periodically with your clients. Be honest with your clients regarding work performance and whether or not the client company is considering you as a permanent employee.

"Only fit for a college student looking for experience, terrible leadership and ownership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I worked at Snelling full-time

Pros

The staff (minus 1) is fantastic. They also offer a decent vacation package (15 days). They let SOME people work from home once a week.

Cons

This is a family owned and operated franchise, so it is a very unprofessional, unethical, and immature environment. The company has no code of ethics, mission statement, or core values. When asked what their code of ethics was, they stated they like to run their business by the Bible. There is little separation of church from the professional environment. They look for it when they interview their employees, frequently voice their religious beliefs, and try to push their church on their employees.

There is little to no leadership in the office. Management is too busy trying to meet their own commission so instead of focusing on mentoring, training, and empowering the employees, they are competing against them. This shows from the lack of training and guidance, the poorly set and maintained goals, and the frequent down-playing of others accomplishments.

Management is unfortunately very greedy. The company used to have a fantastic bonus structure and would frequently take the company on outings. They cut bonuses severely, hire people in well under the market value, and have cut most of their employee "motivation" spending. They will go as far as to only take employees out with coupons, groupons, etc. They will only provide employees with enough supplies to get by and do not believe in properly branding the company as this costs too much money. While all of these cuts are going on, management is going out and getting multi-thousand dollar elective plastic surgery on their face (and other areas of the body that will remain unmentioned), all the while proceeding to announce said elective surgeries to the entire office. They won't even pay the $750/yr to have the office's check direct deposited. If you want direct deposit, you have to pay for it.

Due to the company being family owned, they have also hired based on religious affiliation and not on merit or experience. It is unfortunate that they have taken what was once a thriving and happy environment and turned it into a depressed circus. The company has so much potential to be amazing with the staff they once had, but their actions have created a mass exodus of talented, hard-working individuals. They should hang on for dear life to the amazing people that are still sticking around.

Advice to Management

Go back to college and get a BS, MS etc in business. Create a code of ethics and follow it. Keep your church life at home. Do not parade around your frivilous spending, your gigantic empty house, your multitude of plastic surgeries, etc. Show some appreciation for your employees. Stop insulting your employees with cheap Christmas parties at bad bars with disgusting food...or at least let them order adult beverages so they can stomach the situation. Invest in your employees. It is a small office, everyone will eventually learn each other's salaries, so don't pay someone $6k less than the person before them and expect them to be happy. Give your employees the bonus they deserve. Celebrate your employees successes. Create and implement a training program. Trust your employees. Allow them ALL to work from home one day a week. The job is not saving lives, so don't freak out over a snow day and make someone work off hours to make up the time. It is 2014, just about everyone in America has remote access. And please, for goodness sakes, start paying attention to your employees and what makes them happy. There is nothing worse than wasting such amazing potential. You're running a business, not a day camp. To put it frankly; Grow up!