Social Thinking - Good spot for a self-directed employee | Glassdoor
  1. "Good spot for a self-directed employee"

Former Employee - Accounting Manager

I worked at Social Thinking full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Michelle and Pam are inspirational leaders who have developed a great service/product, and continue to do so. The company is small, so your contributions can have a big impact and are recognized. The challenges of an evolving company keep work interesting. My most enjoyable times involved working cross-functionally with other department heads. Healthcare benefits are above average for a small company.

Cons

It's easy to work too long, and it's hard to take a long vacation when there are few employees available to backfill. Conference-focused employees travel frequently, mainly during the school year. Managers may be traveling, so feedback can be scarce.

Advice to Management

Schedule regular skills training programs to help employees stay current with technology and their profession.

Social Thinking2016-08-24

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Every Employee Matters Here"

I have been working at Social Thinking full-time for more than a year

Pros

A huge Pro for Social Thinking (aside from its wonderful mission) is the people who work here. We have a team of fun-loving, dedicated, passionate people who work really well together and have formed something of a family-bond. Management is whole-heartedly devoted to making Social Thinking a great place to work, and it shows. No one around here has egos, and the CEO makes time to get to know each employee as a... person and is really supportive of the staff. I love the people here! Another thing - it's a small company (about 20-something employees) but you wouldn't know it from the outside because we are highly productive and responsive to customers (we get great customer service reviews :). There are always many projects and conferences in the works so there's no time to be bored!

Cons

The other side of the coin of always having a lot of projects in place is that depending on your role things can get a bit hectic at times. We've hired more people recently to help with this issue, but since there's so much demand for Social Thinking products and conferences it's inevitable that sometimes lots of projects will need to be dealt with at once.

Social Thinking2016-04-14
  2. "Researcher"

Researcher/Sourcer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Social Thinking

Pros

It is a great environment to work with. Michelle and Pam run a great ship here. eThe staff is easy to get along with as well, and were there for me when need be.

Cons

I don't believe I experienced any cons during my time there.

Advice to Management

There's a good reason Social Thinking has been around for 20 years and counting--provide excellent service and working with people who have Asperger's and other similar disabilities. Michelle and Pam are masters at this as well as a strong staff.

Social Thinking2015-12-12

Discover more reviews about Social Thinking.