SocialChorus - Tremendous growth opportunity. | Glassdoor

"Tremendous growth opportunity."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Company is heading in the right direction. We are doing what others need to get done. It is slowly coming together.

Cons

It's a company that's growing and there are some growing pains. Constant change and redirection internally. Should be focusing on new business at a more rapid scale.

Advice to Management

Take into account views from all members of the team. Continue to focus on developing and growing employees with more emphasis on collaboration.

Other Employee Reviews for SocialChorus

"My favorite career choice so far!"

I have been working at SocialChorus full-time

Pros

As mentioned in a previous comment, you probably will get more responsibility than you deserve. Embrace it. The cool thing about a new space is that no one knows anything as an absolute with a definitive outcome so you're ideas on how to shape process are heard and valued. And don't worry, there are plenty of very smart people there to help you figure it out as you go...and they will because they're in the same boat. There is very much a, "we're all in this together," vibe around the office and that is EXACTLY what you want in a start up because you are all working towards a common goal.

This should not be a deciding factor in your job search...but we work hard, and we play hard. Monthly happy hours and a fully stocked fridge of beer and cold brew coffee make for happy employees. Management is HUGE on letting you find a release to keep you going during the day. Some people play ping pong, some fly remote controlled helicopters, some people go for long walks, you'll never get a funny look around the office for doing these things (as long as your work isn't suffering, obviously).

Do you want to be treated like an adult? Yes? Then this is the place for you. This is perhaps my favorite attribute of the company. Executive management turns to employees for ideas and suggestions and actually listens and makes things that come from those conversations actionable if it makes sense (if you think about it they kind of have to, due to the nature of the product :) ). This isn't limited to product or optimization ideas, the operations team does an excellent job listening to employee feedback on office/culture items. If you're a millenial with a brain and an opinion, SocialChorus is the place for you, hands down.

Cons

Due to the nature of the space things can be a little bit disorganized on the product side, and it's no ones fault. Sometimes they will flip-flop...and then flop-flip back to their original position on a feature or something, and it's because they learned new information, not because they're throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks. Personally I see that as a strength but a lot of employees get frustrated by that, and it IS frustrating, but it's not nuanced. This should be the case at any start up pioneering a new, fast growing space.

If you're not a confident individual or a bit of an extrovert you might have trouble finding your social group or your voice. People here are talkative and confident and not afraid to tell you what's on their mind, which if you ask me, is a strength. It opens it's self to being a wonderfully open and collaborative environment, but if you don't work well in a team setting then you might be overwhelmed. The company as a whole is very much team oriented.

Advice to Management

Find a way to "force," people to hang out outside of work more, and find a way to force teams to cross mingle. Other than that you're doing an excellent job. I cannot say enough how impressed I am with management and how I enjoy working for them, that goes for the C- suite as well as the middle managers.

"Hire and fire mentality still alive after all of these years"

I have been working at SocialChorus full-time

Pros

Nice office
    Talented staff even if under appreciated and treated poorly
    Free food

Cons

This is a hire and fire mentality
    No work life balance and the CEO has an "always on" mentality. Expect a Slack at midnight to see if you respond
    Low morale
    Only 30% retention with 70%+ turnover - monthly people are resigning and being let go
    Weak leadership. CEO is clueless and arrogant
    8 pivots in 8 years and 3 company name changes
    New messaging and direction every 90 days
    Goals are not achievable - set up to fail
    Most of the employees have exit plans and are looking to leave - the swinging door continues
    Management lies to everyone on goal achievement
    Most good reviews were written by executive team as they continue to loss clients due to low morale
    Reach out to an ex-employee to get the real story

Advice to Management

Fire the CEO and bring in top talent to lead the company. Gave SocialChorus 1 star as I had to. Would not recommend this company to anyone - stay clear