Sodexo - Never missed a day, never late, over qualified for current position, 20 yr's plus exp. Got less than .50 c an hr raise! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo

"Never missed a day, never late, over qualified for current position, 20 yr's plus exp. Got less than .50 c an hr raise!"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Birmingham, AL

Pros

It is a job, in this economic downturn, that says something. Some of the people are good to work with.

Cons

terrible pay, advancement opportunities are non existent for "over 40" employees.. phony and incorrect write up of tardies right before raise time. Initial pay offering and actual is incorrect.

Advice to Management

Review overall efficiency of each location and reward by merit, instead of trying to find a way not to reward..

Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo

1. "Good experience, alot of room for growth."

Current Employee - Chef in Latham, NY
    Current Employee - Chef in Latham, NY

Pros

SEVERAL locations provides flexibility in work location.

Cons

Seasonal work at some locations.

Advice to Management

Offer professional training to those interested.

2. "Lived up to the general reputation of food services jobs"

Former Employee - General Food Services Worker in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - General Food Services Worker in Framingham, MA

Pros

As a part time student, I found the general manager willing to accomodate my needs regarding scheduling. My immediate supervisor was also respectful and easy to work with.

Cons

The biggest problem with this job, and the reason I decided to quit, was that the organizational structure and hierarchy were not properly adhered to. Several staff members who had higher positions than me but were not my supervisors took it upon themselves to offer unsolicited criticism of the way I did my work. Entry level food services positions are not rocket science, and since my supervisor and the general manager were not only pleased with my work but were closely involved (to the point of being nitpicky) in guiding me, I resented having coworkers second guessing me. Bureaucracy and micro-management thus made a job which could have been merely tedious quickly unbearable.

Advice to Management

Stop assigning so many mid-level titles to front-line staff members. In my experience, it gives too many people a free pass to treat co-workers condescendingly and undercuts the much more productive organizational structure that a team environment allows for.