Sodexo - Meh | Glassdoor

"Meh"

Former Employee - Cashier in River Falls, WI
Former Employee - Cashier in River Falls, WI

I worked at Sodexo part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard work was recognized even if there wasn't a physical reward. Supervisors acknowledge verbally and listened to employees. Definitely an equal opportunity employer. Managers listened to the wants and needs of employers.

Cons

Manager was often forgetful, often forgetting days I've requested off. Was often forced into tasks way outside of my position. Closing time was often stressful and tasks that would require more than one person to complete in an efficient and timely manner would only have one person which ended in getting out late and upsetting the supervisors. Which is ridiculous because one person cannot complete a chore with good quality and be able to complete it in a very constrained amount of time.

Advice to Management

Hire more people in areas that are obvious understaffed or change hours for some of the workers so that there is more time to complete tasks.

Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo

1. "Loyalty to a dead-end road"

Former Employee - Kitchen Supervisor in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Kitchen Supervisor in Detroit, MI

I worked at Sodexo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, lots of opportunities across the globe, nice working conditions, Great hours in the corporate service division and Sodexo does give back to the community

Cons

Poor wage scale, emphasis on bottom line without regard to workers that make a difference. Too top heavy in management. A company as large as Sodexo can be disconnected at the middle of the corporate ladder.

Advice to Management

Remove some of the "Good old Boy" mentality. I had 16 years of service with Marriott/ Sodexo before I was laid off due to losing a contract. Loyalty and hard work were never noticed by management. My co-workers and I had almost 100 years of service.

2. "I would not work here and net recommend others"

Former Employee - Cashier in Mankato, MN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Mankato, MN

I worked at Sodexo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay check is checked every week.

Cons

Poor management. No respect to employees.

Advice to Management

Show respect to the employees.