Sodexo - It was very exciting, I learned a lot and the staff was very helpful. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo

"It was very exciting, I learned a lot and the staff was very helpful."

Former Employee - Catering Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Catering Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Sodexo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros- Great HR Team. Took care of you and helped integrate you into their culture effortlessly. Had a great support team in management.

Cons

My immediate manager was a new hire as well and resisted many of the Sodexo culture which made it hard working directly for him. I was sure that he was confused as to what my role was supposed to be and he kept changing it. His supervisor was amazing and made up for my direct supervisor's incompetence.

Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo

1. "It's an Okay Job if you do your Job and Go Home and keep your Expectations LOW!"

Current Employee - Line Cook in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a General Cooks Assistant or Cook it's an Okay Job! They have HIGH Food Quality Standards and everyone hops on board to keep quality up! The general non supervisory or management employees for the most part are wonderful people. There are many jobs within this particular location where employees have weekends off.

Cons

In Indiana Sodexo Employees lost their Unemployment Benefits. They don't give all employees 52 weeks of full-time employment per year. Management has done nothing but say they support employees in trying to get their unemployment benefits reinstated. They allow senior employees to harrass new employees offering very little in the way of discipline in such situations. Mamagement, some, leak private employee legal and confidential information to other employees. I noticed in past years where employees have been promoted to supervisory positions when they have no prior experience thus doing a job in the most basic of sense not having people skills nor ability to do things cost effectively. Senior Manager does nothing in respect to getting to know employees. Never has he been seen assisting during busy hours at any of the Rstrunts. Too many self imposed Chiefs bossing people around with conflicting information!

Advice to Management

To keep their mouths shut and not repeat private information. To ask before making statements when they are uncertain when making blanket statements if they know the facts. An employees adult child was accused of impersonating a Professor. The Manager spoke this out loud in front of many employees and, she was incorrect. this child of the employee had not done this. Management should hire an Attorney to aid emplyess with the Unemployment issue in Indiana. Management in Indiana should assist employees in the repayment of unemployment compensation if, that is they want to keep their workforce and not lose their employees over this!

"Easy Student Job During College"

Current Employee - Cashier in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Sodexo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Low stress environment.
    Friendly co-workers.
    Free meals with every shift.
    Easy to pick up extra shifts.
    Bi-weekly paychecks always on time.
    No experience necessary.
    No interview.

Cons

Not a lot of scheduled hours.
    One of your shifts is required to be dishwater duty.
    Experience required for cashier job despite training being involved.
    Since the job is relatively easy to acquire, a lot of the students working are unmotivated.