Sodexo - Part time job during college in a college cafeteria. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo

"Part time job during college in a college cafeteria."

Current Employee - Student Worker
Current Employee - Student Worker

I have been working at Sodexo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful local managers who were always looking out for their staff

Cons

Higher managers too concerned about appearance rather than functionality.

Advice to Management

Talk to your local staff members that actual work the stations to see what works and what doesn't.

Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo

"You get back what you put in."

Current Employee - Sous Chef in Lehigh Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Sous Chef in Lehigh Valley, PA

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to hone skills, stay on top of industry trends.
    Opportunities for advancement are there if you are willing to give 100%.
    Competitive pay for culinary professionals and managers.

There have been several negative reviews on this site, many of them stating that there are few opportunities for advancement within the ranks at Sodexo. However, it has been my experience that if you are willing to be at work, on time, every day, and give 100% of your effort, the opportunities are there. Management does notice and acknowledge employees who take initiative, and show an interest in advancing. Unfortunately, many employees are relatively unskilled and seem content to stay that way as long as they are collecting a paycheck. The fact is, supervisors and managers absolutely want entry and mid level employees to improve their skills and abilities, because in the long run, a better trained staff makes our jobs much easier while greatly improving customer satisfaction.
    This is definitely not a problem that is exclusive to Sodexo, I am sure that everywhere you find enrty level employees, you will find a few who don't exactly have the work ethic that you would hope for.

In short, I have worked at 5 accounts with Sodexo, beginning as an entry level cook, advancing to my current position as Sous Chef in a large, successful account with top notch food and customer service, and I have every intention of continuing along this path. Why? Because I am reliable, dependable, I take my work seriously, and I take the initiative to do whatever it takes to get the job done. If you aren't able to progress financially or otherwise within this company, perhaps a self evaluation would help you to find out what you need to do to take the next step.

Cons

Hours can be a little crazy and unpredictable, but the same goes for any position in this field.
    The health insurance is not the greatest considering the cost for a family plan.
    Units can sometimes be minimally staffed in the interest of cutting labor costs and overtime.

Advice to Management

Try to put more emphasis in recruiting from culinary schools, etc.
    Try to better prepare our potential frontline employees so that they know how stressful and hectic this business can be. The culinary field is definitely not for everyone.

2. "Interview process"

Current Employee - Clinical Dietitian
    Current Employee - Clinical Dietitian

I have been working at Sodexo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very organized and timely with the hiring process

Cons

None so far, been very pleased.

Advice to Management

The recruiting process and hiring process online makes filling out the pre employment forms very easy and stress free.