Sodexo - After working a temporary management assignment with Sodexo, I am eagerly seeking a permanent placement with them. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo

"After working a temporary management assignment with Sodexo, I am eagerly seeking a permanent placement with them."

Former Intern - Area Resource Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Intern - Area Resource Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sodexo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Sodexo not only comes up with written mission statements and core values, they are demonstrated effectively through their efforts with employees, clients and the community.

Cons

I honestly did not have discord during employment with Sodexo. Of course, there were small qwerks that came about in daily operations that were to be expected.

Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo

1. "Would be a great company if not for the General Manager working at Terumo"

Current Employee - Line Cook in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sodexo could be a great company with the right management. They have great benefits and the hours are reasonable. I have learned a lot about cooking great food while at Sodexo.

Cons

General manager provides constant negative criticism to us employees in front of other employees. She never has any positives and appears to have never had any management training. She has one employee whom she favors at the expense of the rest of the staff.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at the environment your general manager at Terumo is generating. It goes against everything you'd expect from a general manager at a large company.

"Looks Great on Paper, But in Reality One of the Worst Places to Work"

Former Employee - HRM in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - HRM in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Sodexo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well-known company, great discount program, and online training.

Cons

Too much red tape in getting things done, absolutely terrible benefits, salaries are far under the industry standards, people in power have no idea what they're doing as it relates to what goes on at the "Unit Level", hourly employees are paid very low, treated with disrespect and disregard, they have programs like CARES and FOSS that managers and supervisors do not follow, but expect the employees to, they allow unethical, unprofessional, and questionably insane Managers who have caused the company to be put on the News for violations, have caused the company to be sued by employees more than 3 times, and the cause of very high turnover.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect, get rid of toxic managers, stop seeing individual locations as "Units" but instead as people, pay fair wages, offer better benefits, and make sure Managers are practicing CARES behaviors.