Sodexo - Great starting student job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo

"Great starting student job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

I worked at Sodexo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meal plan of free food, pretty good starting wage of $9.00 and automatic raise after you work for awhile, my manager was extremely sweet and friendly, relaxed environment.

Cons

Apathetic employees, very low opinion from students at the University, (but more so because of the choice of Sodexo in comparison to others.)

Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo

1. "It was fun doing part time work as a student. You get free amazing meals and it's easy being a food service worker."

Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Davis, CA
    Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Davis, CA

I worked at Sodexo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food during breaks, people are respectful and friendly, and it always smells good.

Cons

It can be a bit dangerous around lot of large-scale kitchen equipment. Managers always want you to worker over time, and it's not ideal for a student who prioritizes studying.

Advice to Management

Be more considerate of how tired your part time student employees can get! Be nice.

2. "Just a few issues"

Current Employee - Catering Manager
    Current Employee - Catering Manager

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good corporate environment, and some good planning

Cons

Chef's that refuse to cook (just thaw and serve), Chef's that refuse to push to create a great program, poor marketing, and poor recipe/menu ideas. Ohh, and I received the smallest pay increase I have ever had in my entire life (since age 17)...a wopping $750/yr increase...that is horrible.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people just becuase they already work for the company. I was told by many recruiters that I would not be considered for a position because I was not a "current" employee, that they always give current employees priority, and that my skills and experience were far greater than any of the other applicates due to this. I had to apply for a position that "current employees would not be interested in", just to get my foot in the door.

Sodexo Response

Feb 13, 2014 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! We're happy to hear what you've enjoyed about working for Sodexo so far but would like to address the concerns you've shared about... More