Sodexo - Great company | Glassdoor

"Great company"

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have the opportunity to grow...it is up to you! Your resources are the people you work with, for, and have on the sidelines in other support roles.

Cons

Every company, every job is going to have 1 or 2 or more people who are jerks, a#$holes, etc. It is a part of the work environment/culture of our country. While listed in the cons section, this is not a con. Look to the Pros above for the why.

Advice to Management

Allow the people at the middle levels the opportunity to do the right thing without so much influence/interference from HR.

Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo

1. "Just a few issues"

Current Employee - Catering Manager
    Current Employee - Catering Manager

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good corporate environment, and some good planning

Cons

Chef's that refuse to cook (just thaw and serve), Chef's that refuse to push to create a great program, poor marketing, and poor recipe/menu ideas. Ohh, and I received the smallest pay increase I have ever had in my entire life (since age 17)...a wopping $750/yr increase...that is horrible.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people just becuase they already work for the company. I was told by many recruiters that I would not be considered for a position because I was not a "current" employee, that they always give current employees priority, and that my skills and experience were far greater than any of the other applicates due to this. I had to apply for a position that "current employees would not be interested in", just to get my foot in the door.

Sodexo Response

Feb 13, 2014 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! We're happy to hear what you've enjoyed about working for Sodexo so far but would like to address the concerns you've shared about ... More

2. "human resource always involved"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

human resources are detailed when dealing with employee situations, my district manager gave me much leeway in dealing with team and clients.

Cons

human resources and past experiences, training for managers when they come from the outside. client driven make sure you have all your I's dotted and t's crossed

Advice to Management

when new on job insure that lower management gets the training they need