Sodexo - Nice part-time job for retirees to suppliment pension | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo

"Nice part-time job for retirees to suppliment pension"

Pros

supplimental income, help people, tips

Cons

base pay could be a bit more

Apr 18, 2014 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

I'm happy to hear you're enjoying your work with Sodexo! Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and I hope you'll continue working with us.

Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo

1. "The mission and values are great, individual people can make it a good or bad experience"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company really does try to be progressive and give its best to the clients.

Cons

Individual people can destroy the best of intentions because they do not believe in the mission and values of the company but are only interested in self promotion. Salaries need to be upgraded and bonus system more fair and equitable. Women need greater opportunities and more equity in pay.

Advice to Management

Make sure General Managers know and understand the mission and values of the company and actually use and support them. There is nothing worse than having to listen to your GM put your company down all the time and have to witness their complaining non stop to the client about it. Especially when I support the company and believe in what it is trying to accomplish. Start a concerted effort to promote women, much of the bad behavior by GMs and DMs are from men who are not willing to leave the 50's mentality behind.

Apr 18, 2014 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your detailed feedback. It's unfortunate to hear about the situation you have described, but it is good to know that you are leading by example and... More

2. "A lot of opportunities"

Current Employee - General Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - General Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay
    advancement opportunities
    very easy to advance quickly

Cons

Long hours
    Big workload
    Too many pointless expectations

Advice to Management

less reports more cultivation of staff. Don't just add on training that simply adds to the workload.

Apr 18, 2014 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you've been able to advance within Sodexo, as promoting and hiring internally is a big part of our culture. As a GM, it's understandable that... More