Sodexo - All around good company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo

"All around good company to work for."

Current Employee - Conference Services Manager
Current Employee - Conference Services Manager

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interested in employee concerns and overall work life

Cons

a bit slow to react to those concerns

Advice to Management

treat everyone the way you would want to be treated

Sodexo Response

Jun 27, 2014 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to hear you have had a positive during your time here and hope you will continue to grow your career at Sodexo.

Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo

1. "Flexible Salary, good people, incompetent management, low morale."

Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Sodexo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The first year working at the stadium where i was employed by Sodexo was great. The training was fun and my coworkers were friendly and always looking after each other thus creating a comfortable environment. I was given a lot of cross training and leeway in my job which was also a plus. It was no question that I would return for the next summer season. The Salaries were sub par but tips were pretty consistent. It was easy to ask for more hours and adjust your schedule.

Cons

In Texas it gets Hot and Humid during the summer and Management always seemed to overlook employee morale during these sweltering conditions. One example, I was catering to a company outing on a party porch, tips and a jar are customary (as they have been for years so I've heard). It's always at least 95 degrees on the porch since it gets no shade for 12 hours and the only cover is a tarp meant to keep the guests comfortable. The job involves heavy lifting and manning your post for most of the duration and running to the kitchens and pantry (a 50 -100 yard dash) to keep them stocked on food, ice and drinks. One day I come to work and find out that our new GM is very upset and he took away the jars in a fit of rage and said we aren't allowed to solicit tips. From that point on, no one ever wanted to work out there on the deck and most people made a lot less per night. People started getting angry and a lot of people quit as a whole due to other changes throughout the operation. By the middle of my second season, I knew I wanted to quit but we were so understaffed that I felt bad about leaving my coworkers and wound up staying to the end of the season.

Advice to Management

Employee compensation makes a difference in moral and work ethic, and more-so does the attitude of leadership. There is a reason you are no longer catering at the Dell Diamond, your management hurt your clients and employees that you no longer have. My advice is that you better your managerial staff and actually hold meetings, never once did I even hear of a meeting being called to discuss issues. Never once did management ask for the employee opinion. You guys need to learn to regroup.

2. "Great opportunity as student assistant looking to learn basic marketing skills"

Current Intern - Marketing Intern
    Current Intern - Marketing Intern

I have been working at Sodexo as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible shifts, short commute, low hiring standard, book & aid tuition, free meals.

Cons

Low opportunity for wage raise and benefits. Not enough leadership training and evaluations to further develop skills.

Advice to Management

Corporate office needs more young minded people who understand the language of university students.