Sodexo - Working for Sodexo is like working with family. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo

"Working for Sodexo is like working with family."

Current Employee - Retail Supervisor in Tahlequah, OK
Current Employee - Retail Supervisor in Tahlequah, OK

I have been working at Sodexo part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They generally promote from within. If you are willing to learn, then they are willing to teach you.

Cons

Being laid off during the summer because there are not enough hours for everyone. Hard to obtain full-time status as an hourly employee; making it difficult to qualify for benefits/ins.

Sodexo Response

Jul 1, 2014 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

I really appreciate your review and want to provide some insight into the things you've mentioned. We absolutely promote from within and offer training and development for both frontline and... More

Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo

"Unfortunately appears to be on downward slide"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Sodexo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most times good people to work with in unit,education, reimbursement of professional dues and continuing education. Most clients are reasonable as long as effort to provide good service is shown.

Cons

Deletion of medical choices. Losing more contracts than retaining. Top heavy retain upper management above unit even though lost accounts. Outside unit condescending and rude,but no feedback ever obtained from those who must work with individual. Some believe privilege because in upper management so doesn't need to stay up to date with knowledge base and act as professional. Manager and District leadership political not best qualified

Advice to Management

You're top heavy and need to reduce. Every area doesn't need VP,HR,support staff. Staff should be held accountable and when frontline staff in entire half of state lose jobs upper management should also go. Too many anyway. When contract will be lost have decency to tell employees instead of us finding our jobs advertised. Don't play with our lives holding us hostage by not releasing us for hire. Remember you get paid because we do actual work keeping client happy. Ask for input on area manager from those who must report to them as some area managers out of touch with current practice. Practice updates,but area managers do not know new information. Ask about communication methods as no staff should ever be sobbing due to treatment by manager during gold check. If account always gold they do not become failing 6 months later with no manager change. When contract is lost compensate people that've been on front line 10-20 years. People shouldn't lose 20 years of sick time. Severance packages should be provided as upper management has reaped benefits for years and I'm sure upper management receives severance. Be compassionate. What's wrong with telling a person good job? You provide nothing at birthday, holiday, or work anniversary. Consider it as as you might find employees are much happier. What do you receive in addition to massive bonuses?

"Overall my experience with this company was good, however, promotional opportunities were that of political protocol"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Sodexo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits were competative and the perks weren't bad either

Cons

I believe that their salary base should be more competitive

Advice to Management

Management should pay closer attention to the employees point of view about the the company growth. Oftentimes, management does not let the employees vent their opinions, rather their opionions are redefined by management before being suibmitted to the upper level.