Sodexo - The worst company I have ever worked for bar none! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sodexo

"The worst company I have ever worked for bar none!"

Former Employee - Operations Manager
Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Sodexo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They for some reason have most accounts in this area.

Cons

Upper management is a joke. After changing the way they do business in order to work with the client, they only show up maybe once a year. After almost 25 years in the business world this company is by far the worst!! BE WARE they are liars!!

Advice to Management

Go and have relationships with the clients, After all isn't that what your paid to do? Oops, no, it is only about how can I screw everyone to make a buck.

Other Employee Reviews for Sodexo

1. "Not what they claim"

Current Employee - Administrative Assist
    Current Employee - Administrative Assist

I have been working at Sodexo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is ok; company contribution to 401k is big plus. I have a lot of different types of responsibilities which is giving me new experience to add to my resume.

Cons

No support from management at any level. Training is very, very weak, need to figure things out on my own. Have not had a single performance appraisal, well have been asked to appraise myself but have never sat with superiors to discuss performance. Communication is non-existent. Despite big claims of employee recognition and growth there are few actual opportunities

Advice to Management

Management (district and above) needs to know key front line employees. Focus on developing talent from within. Open clear line of communication between unit personnel and corporate support offices, with clear, easily located contact information. This is a very disjointed company and trying to find resources for assistance is extremely difficult.

Sodexo Response

Jul 15, 2014 – Employment Branding Sourcing Manager

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and want to help address some of the concerns you've shared. In regards to training, performance reviews and growth opportunities, I highly... More

"It was an excellent opportunity to grow and sharpen my skill set while I worked for this company"

Former Contractor - Unit Marketing Coordinator in New Britain, CT
    Former Contractor - Unit Marketing Coordinator in New Britain, CT

I worked at Sodexo as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

There is so much to learn, and the company consistently seeks to stay on the cutting edge of technology, which is essential for today's environment.

Cons

Having co-workers wanting to grow with the vision of the company and also their customers. Have to juggle between the Union based Employees and Management can and was a major challenge.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and your customers, as they are the ones who will define your company and its health in the future.