Softcat - Poor | Glassdoor

"Poor"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent training, Great CRM system, nights out , good commission scheme , if you are friends with the right people you can literally do anything and not be sacked, god help you if you’re not

Cons

I had taken 3 weeks off due to mental health and when I returned I was taken into a meeting with my boss who threatened me with the sack if I did not hit target at the end of the month. This did not help with my current mental state (which he knew about beforehand). Very poor from a company which claims to take this issue seriously. If you are in the Clique you can do whatever you want. Including turning up late... or just not showing up at all due to being hungover. Very wolf of Wall Street feeling. People throwing balls across the office and at people who are on the phone. Claim to be a laid back environment however there is a difference to laid back and downright unprofessional Cold calling If someone leaves, that persons accounts are divvied up to the managers friends instead of fairly. If you are struggling one month you will be punished and not given new accounts from people that leave. Therefore you fall further behind instead of management helping you.

Advice to Management

There are people in management positions that couldn’t run a bath

Softcat2019-10-01
  1. "Account Executive"

I worked at Softcat full-time

Pros

No better place to gain sales experience after leaving University.

Cons

The industry and being a VAR, doesn't bring much of a bigger mission than making great money and having fun.

Advice to Management

Greater professional development & learning that isn't role specific.

Softcat2017-04-22
  2. "Former Technical Consultant."

Technical Consultant

I worked at Softcat

Pros

As I was not office based could not think of any, I am sure if you are in your early 20's fresh out of uni then this is the place for you.

Cons

Worst place I worked for as a Technical Consultant. If I was in sales then this would probably be a 5 star review, but from my point of view I felt like an over used machine.

Advice to Management

Do not put new senior tech consultants under the same umbrella as juniors. Be honest about the average working hours. Listen to the concerns of employees.

Softcat2014-07-08

Discover more reviews about Softcat.