Softchoice - Softchoice Wins Award | Glassdoor

"Softchoice Wins Award"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Softchoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Softchoice cares is a great program that possitively effects the lives of people around the world.

Cons

Each year a number of companies have a third party company survey their employees to determine how much they like working there. A few years ago, employees responses rated us as one of the top places to work. Early 2012, they conducted the survey again, however Softchoice is now rated in the lower 25% of places to work. One of the most negative responses were in relation to a basic distrust of and lack of confidence in senior leadership. One of the senior leadership team members flew around the company to conduct round table discussions with employees. One of the most hilarious moments was when an employee asked an honest question, having only been at Softchoice for a short while. This employee wanted to know if we just resell product that other companies make, what makes us different than other organizations that resell. This leader appeared to be caught offguard and responded, "uh, we like to think that we do things better." This is "leadership" at Softchoice :).

Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice

"Elitest attitudes in a sub-par working environment"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Norcross, GA

I worked at Softchoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is slightly above average for the same job eslewhere

Cons

Company cut salaries by 10% accross the board so there would be no lay-offs, then two weeks later, laid-off a huge amount of people

Advice to Management

Do what you say you are going to do, don't get peoples hopes up, then kick them to the curb

"Insight from Professional Services"

Current Employee - Professional Services in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Professional Services in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Softchoice full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Softchoice is a company that is trying to grow
    We can bring our dog into the office. It is cool to meet other workers pets.

Cons

I am a billable PS resource. I need to respond to the outbound rep that said that the sales people do not have confidence in the services organization to deliver if they sell our internal services. A service engagement that is "less than successful" is often not the fault of the technical person. Our managers feel such pressure from the top to hit unreasonable ultization numbers, that they often send us on projects where the right thing to do would be to use a partner that has the exact skills necessary to hit a home run. There is a general lack of concern for our customers in senior leadership and in some of our services leadership. PS and Pre-sale technical resources have had enough of the current direction and many have already left. I will not be far behind.