Softchoice - Softchoice The orange | Glassdoor

"Softchoice The orange"

Pros

Work Environment good
Company overall financial position is good

Cons

Some employee were paid poorly.

Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice

"Poor Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Softchoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They let you bring your dog into work. While I do not have a dog, it creates a cool work environment.

Cons

I came from the Unis Lumin acquistion, so I have been on board for a little over a year. I have worked for a number of technology companies and have never seen so much incompetent management, starting with the senior leadership team. In the short time I have been here, we are now on our third leader of professional services. The first 2 left saying that they could not be successful building a services practice at Softchoice (alluding to the incompetence of the leadership team to which they reported), even though they were extremely successful doing at previous companies. The person in that role now is also our CIO, so he is not able to focus completely on the PS practice. As far as I know, he has no experience running a PS practice. Our entire focus last year was around growing professional services, but our year end numbers were WAY below 50% of plan. This leads a lot of us to believe that there could be significant changes at the highest levels in the organization. Only time will tell.

Advice to Management

Look to add an industry veteren to senior leadership team with experience in building a solutions business, who's expertise is in more than selling a Microsoft license.

2. "Easy place to do well, but incredibly boring to work at"

Former Employee - Inside-Sales Account Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Inside-Sales Account Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Softchoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The compensation for your job requirements is very fair. There is also quite a bit of opportunity to grow within the company (if that's what you want). The company is also well-respected in the industry.

Cons

It is, by a large extent, the most boring office environment. They try to overcome this by having a "hip culture" and being "dog-friendly", but no one cares.

Advice to Management

Management is strong and all well trained.