Softchoice - Good starting position if you are interested in sales | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Softchoice

"Good starting position if you are interested in sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Inside Sales in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Softchoice full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will work with some amazing people. Work hard, Play hard mentality. I would recommend this job if you are just graduating university and looking for employment.

Cons

The compensation isn't great for the amount of work required. The management team is not qualified to lead as majority of the managers have any leadership experience. The vendor experts are unqualified sales reps that are completely useless in the sales cycle process.

Advice to Management

Need to work on training your management team as they are not qualified to lead.

Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice

1. "Softchoice The orange"

Pros

Work Environment good
    Company overall financial position is good

Cons

Some employee were paid poorly.

"Poor Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Softchoice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They let you bring your dog into work. While I do not have a dog, it creates a cool work environment.

Cons

I came from the Unis Lumin acquistion, so I have been on board for a little over a year. I have worked for a number of technology companies and have never seen so much incompetent management, starting with the senior leadership team. In the short time I have been here, we are now on our third leader of professional services. The first 2 left saying that they could not be successful building a services practice at Softchoice (alluding to the incompetence of the leadership team to which they reported), even though they were extremely successful doing at previous companies. The person in that role now is also our CIO, so he is not able to focus completely on the PS practice. As far as I know, he has no experience running a PS practice. Our entire focus last year was around growing professional services, but our year end numbers were WAY below 50% of plan. This leads a lot of us to believe that there could be significant changes at the highest levels in the organization. Only time will tell.

Advice to Management

Look to add an industry veteren to senior leadership team with experience in building a solutions business, who's expertise is in more than selling a Microsoft license.