Softchoice - Mixed feelings | Glassdoor

"Mixed feelings"

Pros

Softchoice really is a family. The camraderie is strong within the office and company-wide. There are a number of employees that are truly committed to doing a great job and delivering exceptional customer service. My experiences with direct management have been, overall, positive.

Cons

Softchoice, unfortunately, suffers from its own size. It's "family" like environment breaks down because of the focus put on task completion and speed rather than quality of work. Too many times I've been told "this isn't my job," or "supported" by a support team with inaccurate or incomplete information.

Advice to Management

Institute a broader culture of accountability, and make us feel more like we're a part of a team. Share with us your strategic directions and empower us to make decisions to benefit the company and our customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Softchoice

"Make a little money, then figure out a way to get what you are worth....somewher else!!!!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good people, environment. The people are what makes this company what it is, and senior management doesnt seem to see that.

Cons

Mangement just doesnt seem to know how to manage. People are promoted based on numbers and that doesnt always translate to management ability. Pay sucks...get paid to bust your hump and dont see any raises. Only "bring us more" and get paid the same...or less.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate the way to pay your people and treat your people, especially those that have been there a while. Note for Chicago management...your attitude is what has made this place a miserable environment to work in.

"Good place to start out of school, but must move on ASAP to make $$$"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

The dogs and the beer make the office a very comfortable place to be, and the people are the strongest asset they have. Pretty office and good location. Trips and prizes are fun sometimes.

Cons

I wish they understood the employees are their best asset. They use the dogs and beer to hide the worse compensation package in the industry. Upper management could care less about their inside team. No room for upward mobility if you don't drink the Koolaid. Management tends to value personal relationships rather than professional performances for promotion opps. Losing touch with the Small company feel they were built on.

Advice to Management

respect your inside team, compensate appropriately, do not force additional workload on your valuable employees then not pay them for the additional hours necessary to do their job.