Softtek - I hope that this share can help others to make a good decision. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Softtek

"I hope that this share can help others to make a good decision."

Current Employee - Senior DBA in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
Current Employee - Senior DBA in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Pros

Because here I can work at my pace and not go all the time claiming my work. and the working environment is very pleasant. Here I have a schedule to meet and have time to carry on my personal life. Here I can display my ideas and are always respected. Is a company that uses agreements between people instead of rules or standards that have to be met. Here I can be myself and express my concerns to my superiors and I always heard and receive a return of my remarks. The area of human resources is always concerned about how to improve the harmony at work to always feel good.

Cons

The only problem is that it could be better paid for what I do, plus benefits, and here there is a limitation for professional growth.

Advice to Management

Needs to have more leaders and better deal with their employees and equipment. listen to the needs of people and treat everyone equally.

Other Employee Reviews for Softtek

"A good opportunity to start an IT career"

Current Employee - Software Tester in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)
    Current Employee - Software Tester in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

Pros

It is not difficult to get in if you have just got out of college or know someone who already works there, and if you want to develop a career in IT, Softtek is a good to get experience and then move on to a better paid job. Average age is in the 20's range, and the job environment is very relaxed, the work/life balance is considerably good, in my experience very few times will you need to spend your time working extra hours or having to go on weekends (dont expect a retribution of any type when you do). If you have the looks and are likeable, you will probably have more opportunities and do much better than the average employee, even if your performance is average or even below average (being of the female gender is a plus).

Cons

Performance for some reason is not the biggest factor to get a raise or grow professionally. Unless you are experienced and come from some other company, the compensation is not very competitive, due to the 'associate' approach, you dont have the 'required by law' benefits, training -even when free- is hard to get. There are several project leaders that do not have the required set of skills or simply do no work at all. Facilities are not precisely good. Feedback is usually biased and only in one direction (up-down). Empowerment is 'brain-wash' driven. A considerable effort is made to spread the corporate 'culture' but in the end it is nothing but a facade. They would rather let people go to another company and spend more money geting someone to fill the job than matching the other company's offer -even paying more to the newcomer-.

Advice to Management

Develop career paths with specific goals, and actually respect them.
    People who goes is mainly due to money, and there usually is a reason why they are getting a better offer somewhere else, at least try to retain your people.
    Improve the facilities, a lot of not very expensive changes can be made.
    Have people give feedback to the ones above them.

"Try Softtek if you want to improve your career but don´t think in it for a long stay."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Pros

The best thing I can see at Softtek is the muiticultural experience. Working with american clients it's very valuable basically because you learn a different point of view, work environment and work culture. There´re very good projects with a lot of Challenges.
    Softtek is a nice-to-have in your resume. It has a good name in Mexico and that´s very helpful when applying for other companies.

Cons

One of the downsides is that you can easily get stuck in a project and sometimes is very hard to move to other projects. What you want is not always important for management. You are basically a resource and not an employee.

Advice to Management

Better communications with team members.