Softway - Exciting, Fulfilling, and Supportive | Glassdoor

"Exciting, Fulfilling, and Supportive"

Current Employee - Marketing in Houston, TX

I have been working at Softway full-time for less than a year

Pros

An exciting company that gives the opportunity to work on interesting projects with high profile clients. The fast-paced working environment, coupled with supportive coworkers and management make this a perfect space to hone your craft. The senior management is helpful, down-to-earth, and involved (but does not micro-manage).

Cons

None. I know what it's like to have a dead end job that is soul sucking. This is definitely NOT one of them. I finally feel like my career has started rather than just another job.

Advice to Management

Continue to be encouraging and involved.

Softway2015-03-31

June 11, 2015Communications Director

Thank you very much for the feedback and encouragement. Your support is valued and appreciated!

Other Employee Reviews

"A company that supports me professionally and personally - Equally!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Softway full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people. The people. The people. It is a very diverse office and everyone treats each other like humans. Softway is a special place and that is a fact. The culture is unmatched. For Softway, the culture is organic. It's not forced. It's not company lunch or happy hour or team bonding events (we do have these but this doesn't create our culture). It's how we treat each other on a day to day basis - with... authentic communication and interactions. The culture lives inside of each person that works here. The biggest impact on me that Softway has had for my personal life is I am able to be a mother and successful in my career with out feeling like I am failing at one or the other at any given time. There is no mom guilt here. If my child is sick all I have to do is communicate it to my team, go get him from daycare and finish my day at home. I have worked for companies in the past that would allow me to do this but then hold it over my head later - NOT SOFTWAY! And I am SO THANKFUL because my child gets sick often. That being said they do offer flexible hours and remote days. The benefit packages are up there with the best as well. Softway truly puts it's people first. They live their mission statement of bringing humanity back to the workplace - it's not just words on a website or a wall. When you have struggles professionally or personally your teammates are there for you in a very genuine way as well. I can't brag on the people that make up this team enough. They are all uniquely awesome and very talented.

Cons

Softway isn't perfect. They do have some growing pains like any company. But unlike most - they are open to the feedback, suggestions and ideas. They are constantly trying to change and improve. One area they can improve is career paths and inputing some processes. They don't want to run like a typical corporate office but some structure would be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I love working here, feeling successful in my role at the office and at home, working with the team you have built, being empowered by my leadership and having my thoughts heard.

Softway2019-08-28

September 21, 2019HR associate

Thank you for sharing. This is such a great testament to our culture, values and what we aspire to be. Yes we hear you out on the career paths and structure. This has been one of our main aspects of Vision 2020 and aim to soon have a more robust system in place.

"Don't believe the 5 Star reviews"

I have been working at Softway full-time

Pros

some people are fun to work with.

Cons

I'll start by pointing out the obvious. Every time someone writes a negative review on here, magically a few days later there is a 5 STAR review posted, most likely by someone from the little "group" that everyone writes about here. I haven't been here that long and I won't be here much longer. This place is a cancer that only breeds back stabbing and distrust. If you plan on getting a job here, DON'T TRUST ANYONE,... there are very few people that are trust worthy of anything. They have 1 account that matters to them and every decision they make is for that account. They talk a big game about trying to find more and "diversify their portfolio" but it's all lies. Also, that 1 account is really boring and corporate, the projects we get from them are really limited in any form of creativity. Now lets talk about the different departments. If you get hired as a PM (really high turn over from what I have heard and I understand why), you will be humiliated in public meetings and you won't get to "manage" anything. You're a note taker that takes the brunt of the punishment when things go wrong with projects. If you get a job in the UX department, you'll be expected to produce mediocre work and the leadership here is condescending. If you get hired in the creative department you will never receive any creative brief or even any proper information as to what you need to do, just figure it out. If you choose the Accounts department, you'll have your hands tied behind your back each day because they will turn down every opportunity you present to them. there's no money to be made here when you work on commission yet they only care about one account. I'm sure that when they try to recruit you, they will try to preach about how this place is a big family and everyone loves each other. It's a beautiful curtain but it's not what lies behind. They will probably even ask you to sit in on some presentation about how we all need to love each other, which is very awkward to listen to when you see what happens day-to-day here. It would be nice if they would actually DO what they are asking everyone else to do. To touch on what everyone else has written on here. Yes there is a group of favorite employees that have brown particles in their teeth. Yes, there are many inter-office relationships that make work awkward. No, there is not a single bone of real love or care in this place for anyone, they act just as every other business does. Money is the priority here, lets not try to say otherwise.

Advice to Management

Stop writing false reviews just to keep your rating up and bury the negative ones. You guys are so full of yourselves that you can't see that this is really a terrible place to work. And don't tell me to go "talk to a director I trust" because there are none.

Softway2018-12-12

January 4, 2019Communications Director

It's unfortunate that you feel this way. All feedback is good feedback and we appreciate your candor. As for the roles, we’ve been doing a lot of intense team workshops that have identified gaps that we’ve started addressing in 2018. But we’ll definitely look into this more, talk to teams and see how we can get better at streamlining our people and processes. Key accounts are critical to us, so yes, we'll give those accounts all we got. Diversifying our portfolio is equally important to us too. So in time, and after due deliberation we should soon have accounts that are in for the long term. We want our people to enjoy the type of work that these key accounts bring as much as the clients thrill in the results that our team brings to the table. We’re glad you have been part of us and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Discover more reviews about Softway.