Softworld - Left Hanging | Glassdoor

"Left Hanging"

Pros

Softworld placed me in one of the best roles I've ever worked. They offer decent pay rates, W2, Health and Dental.

Cons

Lack of communication when my initial recruiter left the organization. Made no effort to help me find another position after a very long contract (24+ months). Pretty much told me I was on my own and blamed it on the economy. Failed to follow through on some serious issues (potentially litigous) created by another consultant for Software, or even adrress them. Passed the buck alot.

Also failed to register my correct tax filing, which caused me to suffer IRS penalites. (Registered me as 1099 in my home state, instead of W2 as directed.)

Advice to Management

Provide an incentive to your recruiters for placing resources in additional contracts once the initial or current contract is completed.

Other Employee Reviews for Softworld

"A good recruiting firm with their act together"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

I worked with Softworld for three months and found them friendly, competant, and appreciative of my efforts for their client.

They paid for some of my parking, but not all.

They paid promptly and without issues, and invoicing was simple.

They took me to lunch after a few weeks.

Cons

Considering the glowing reviews I got from their client, I was a little surprised they didn't make much effort to find other work for me. I didn't hear about an opportunity for 6 months and yet I live near DC, which has hundreds of similar openings a month.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and do more to find work for consultants who've done a great job for you.

2. "The Best Company I've Worked for..."

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Softworld (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company with great people. The people at Softworld treat each other with respect, work hard and want to be here, which makes for a great environment to work in. Softworld is a growing company with a lot of opportunity. They look out for the best interest of their clients, consultants and co-workers. Would highly recommend working here.

Cons

The cost of family benefits are high, but it's great coverage.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You've grown the company to where it is now and we trust that the decisions you make will allow the company to continue doing so.