Softworld - A good recruiting firm with their act together | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Softworld

"A good recruiting firm with their act together"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
Former Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

I worked with Softworld for three months and found them friendly, competant, and appreciative of my efforts for their client.

They paid for some of my parking, but not all.

They paid promptly and without issues, and invoicing was simple.

They took me to lunch after a few weeks.

Cons

Considering the glowing reviews I got from their client, I was a little surprised they didn't make much effort to find other work for me. I didn't hear about an opportunity for 6 months and yet I live near DC, which has hundreds of similar openings a month.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and do more to find work for consultants who've done a great job for you.

Other Employee Reviews for Softworld

1. "The Best Company I've Worked for..."

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Softworld (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company with great people. The people at Softworld treat each other with respect, work hard and want to be here, which makes for a great environment to work in. Softworld is a growing company with a lot of opportunity. They look out for the best interest of their clients, consultants and co-workers. Would highly recommend working here.

Cons

The cost of family benefits are high, but it's great coverage.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You've grown the company to where it is now and we trust that the decisions you make will allow the company to continue doing so.

2. "Very Positive Experience"

Former Employee - Video Engineer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Video Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at Softworld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent communication from my Account Manager who was also very accessible. I was invited to a lunch meeting by my Account Manager every few months to check in on how things were going. My personal experience was that Softworld and my Account Manager in particular genuinely looked out for my best interests, I would not hesitate to work with them again.

Cons

The health insurance options could be a bit better, but that seems to be the story with a lot of companies in recent years.

Advice to Management

While I was an employee of Softworld I worked as an Engineering consultant for a larger organization in the DC Metro area who had a contract with Softworld for my services. So my experience with Softworld Senior Management was zero really. My only advice would be that treating your Account Managers well will definitely benefit the company in the long term.

Softworld Response

Jan 10, 2017 – VP

Thank you for the great feedback about our Account Management team. They are a talented group that puts a lot of energy into the consultant experience. We are lucky to have them!