Sogeti - Good company for self-driven people with leadership qualities. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sogeti

"Good company for self-driven people with leadership qualities."

Current Employee - Manager Consultnat in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Manager Consultnat in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard work and leadership potential is recognized and rewarded with responsibility, challenge, and opportunities. The benefits are good. They include generaous vacation time, health care, and 401k. Your bonus is performance driven bonus amongst your unit and region. You get to work with a network of really smart people.

Cons

Every year there are changes to policies regarding benefits and infrastructure, leadership, and general political alignment. Communication from leadership, especially national and regional level, is not that great. Not many people have heard of Sogeti.

Advice to Management

Solidify policy and shift culture away from modesty.

Other Employee Reviews for Sogeti

"Like working for yourself, but with a consistent paycheck"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sogeti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like the freedom to manage my work and the relationship with the client. I like the compensation and the 401k matching.

Cons

Relocation to other offices is possible, but only if you pay the majority of relocation costs. Raises are a low percentage. 401k matching does not vest until year 3 in the company.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Sogeti full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

i worked for Sogeti USA for over 5 years , when I joined them in the Mid 2000's it was a dream company for any youngster - awesome benefits, cutting edge technologies, excellent managers to work with. Fast forward - today the only Pros I would like to comment on is the 401(K) match which is on par with the industry standards, everything else has gone down

Cons

Lots of internal politics, worse the CEO and COO / VP of operations are related to each other - even though the management talks about an open door policy these 2 call the shots and rule with an iron fist i.e. threatening people, they talk about infusing fresh blood to the company to take it forward but they have to retire first before someone else can move in. Working culture resembles an Indian factory where everything is done by cracking the whip, in addition to that there are a lot of folks who have been given leadership roles without having the right kind of experience. For instance the COO has never sold IT Services, not a financial guy neither has a HR background - is an Oracle Apps person and yet he is now at the helm of running the company - there are branch managers who have never been people's managers and are now running P & L's resulting in high attrition. Company is no longer growing, hence there are no new clients - consultants no longer get to work on newer technologies, training & development is out of question because one can't afford not to bill, all of this makes it difficult to bring in the right talent to the company when building a practice. It seems that we always talk about Solutioning and practices but end up doing staff augmentation. The Parent company really no longer cares about what goes on with Sogeti USA and may be it is time for them to do a reality check and do may be recommend a change in overall leadership.

Advice to Management

Message to the CEO - "Life is good " and " we will prevail" can only happen if you have qualified people to lead from the front . Please change your Lieutenants