Solar Turbines - Genuine growth opportunity with a company that has local history of more than 90 years. | Glassdoor
  1. "Genuine growth opportunity with a company that has local history of more than 90 years."

I worked at Solar Turbines

Pros

Local company owned by Caterpillar. Allowed me to develop technical, leadership and management skills with a diverse team.

Cons

Benefits are eroding from the very family oriented start as it’s own company to a subsidiary with Cat that has increased out of pocket costs for it’s employees.

Advice to Management

Grow your people internally. Help share knowledge base before personnel leave the company.

Solar Turbines2019-02-21
    1. "Excellent Opportunities"

Current Employee - Electronics Team Member

I have been working at Solar Turbines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent opportunities if you ask the right people and have a good attitude. Very safe working environment. Lots of care towards employee happiness.

Cons

A few bad apples can spoil the bunch. People take too much advantage of the freedom that is given to them.

Solar Turbines2019-07-10
    2. "Great experience as an intern!"

Current Employee - Engineering Assistant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Solar Turbines for less than a year

Pros

• My mentors were some of the best I've ever had. • Extremely flexible. High level of trust that enables interns to make the most of their time. • Free coffee! • Great environment and atmosphere.

Cons

• Interns were in crowded room and it was often way too loud. • Slow computers. • Slow approval of software requests that we really needed.

Solar Turbines2019-07-03

Discover more reviews about Solar Turbines.