Solar Turbines - Engineer | Glassdoor

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Solar Turbines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pays the bills, Bonus when it is paid, used to have great culture so maybe it will come back

Cons

All the narrative is around anti-male, pro women, LGBT, and they are alienating parts of their workforce. Management calls this diversity and inclusion which if it was, it would be driven to lift all employees up and not push any down. Narrative is getting old. Are people being placed in roles because of gender or race? Or because they are the best candidate?

Advice to Management

Stop lifting select groups up by pushing others down, be a general proponent of your people.

Solar Turbines2019-04-06
  1. "Excellent Opportunities"

Current Employee - Electronics Team Member

I have been working at Solar Turbines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent opportunities if you ask the right people and have a good attitude. Very safe working environment. Lots of care towards employee happiness.

Cons

A few bad apples can spoil the bunch. People take too much advantage of the freedom that is given to them.

Solar Turbines2019-07-10
  2. "Great experience as an intern!"

Current Employee - Engineering Assistant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Solar Turbines for less than a year

Pros

• My mentors were some of the best I've ever had. • Extremely flexible. High level of trust that enables interns to make the most of their time. • Free coffee! • Great environment and atmosphere.

Cons

• Interns were in crowded room and it was often way too loud. • Slow computers. • Slow approval of software requests that we really needed.

Solar Turbines2019-07-03

Discover more reviews about Solar Turbines.