SolarCity - Great place to work! | Glassdoor

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

How many of us wake every morning excited and eager to go to work? How many of us go to bed at night knowing we made a difference?

Working for the SolarCity family is not as much as work as it is a mission. Before SolarCity I had a job. I had a schedule and set of tasks that if I completed, I was then rewarded with a salary. Working for SolarCity was a life changing experience. I am not an employee, but I am a valued contributor to a family of unique and talented team mates that awake each morning knowing their efforts will be valued and their results will be appreciated.

I have the ultimate career luxury of recruiting a sales team that offers our customers a product that not only provides financial savings and or cost control but provides them with a truly sustainable product that has no downside.

Our leaders encourage us to work hard, work smart, and enjoy what we do. We are challenged, we are driven and we all share the desire to perform. When you believe that your efforts are making a difference not only for the success of your business but also in the world at large, you don’t mind when that alarm rings in the morning signaling its time to start work.

Cons

There is nothing negative I have to say about SolarCity.

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

1. "Greatest Place to Work"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Mateo, CA
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive Environment
    Smart Team Members
    C Level Access
    No back stabbing
    High Energy
    Best compensation in the operations space

Cons

Need more awesome people to work here

Advice to Management

Spread the word to everyone that we are massively hiring while changing the world to make it a better place.

"The most abusive management I've ever worked for, in 25 years of working"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits - base salary, car, phone, and computer provided, all expenses paid

Cons

The most abusive management I have ever worked for, in 25 years. Still use old-fashioned browbeating, bullying sales techniques. They micromanage every minute of your day, with so many reports and "Go-To's" you can barely get your SALES job done. Then they demand outrageous quotas without giving you the tools you need to meet those quotas.

Advice to Management

The management culture, in general, is not only not encouraging, but downright abusive. Much more production, and far better morale, would be had by having managers who ENCOURAGE rather than beating up your sales team. Give your salespeople the tools they need to meet quotas...that would be qualified leads, more canvassers, more lead generators.