SolarCity - Make your future | Glassdoor

"Make your future"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity for career growth and progressive change. If you are willing to invest time into learning you will be rewarded.

Cons

This may also be a Pro, but, if you are lazy, this isn't a good environment for you.

Advice to Management

Keep efficiency a priority. Evaluate employee compensation frequently;, reducing compensation for under achievers is sometimes better than increasing compensation of over achievers.

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

1. "Inspiring difference makers is never a job - it's a way of life!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Never a dull moment, fast paced, skill set diversification, excitement, and most of all helping to promote change in one of the oldest monopolies in the world.

Cons

GAAP keeps our stock price supressed and not enough time in the day for everything.

Advice to Management

Get more input from the field before implementing changes that will affect those that need to roll it out.

2. "Best Company in the Best Industry to be in!"

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Foster City, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel very passionate about what I do and am so happy I can make a great living doing something I truly believe in. SolarCity is growing like crazy, so if you don't like change, this is the wrong place, but if you are looking for a dynamic industry and workplace, you'll love it here! I work in sales and flexibility is very important to me. As long as I meet my sales numbers, I make my own schedule and can do what I want for the most part.

Cons

SolarCity just went public, so just like any company who does that, there is much more concern for costs, so there has definitely been a real focus on costs which means extra demands on current employees and trimming of fat.

Advice to Management

Try not to let demand for cost cutting to affect employees' happiness. For the most part we are happy because we do feel like you care about us and take good care of us.