SolarCity - SolarCity is a dynamic, fast paced workplace filled with amazing people solving all kinds of interesting challenges. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

"SolarCity is a dynamic, fast paced workplace filled with amazing people solving all kinds of interesting challenges."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is never a shortage of interesting problems to work on. The people here all believe in what we do and are committed to actually solving the daily challenges. The company is doing things never done before and is never complacent to let things be.

Cons

Sometimes the pace is so fast it gets a bit crazy, and it can feel like everyday you are attacking a brand new priority.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and maintain our dynamic nature, but be mindful of your employees and be sure to listen to them.

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

1. "Life Changing Career, World Changing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's incredible to be part of a company that is at the forefront of the energy conversation. We are winning the market, changing the utility dynamic in our states, influencing the policy for the country, and bettering the planet. And we are educating the public along the way. Where else would you get that kind of job satisfaction? I am so proud to wear green.

Cons

Recently made a decision to open a call-center in Vegas which is dissapointing. Anywhere but Vegas.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your leadership and mentorship. Keep it up!

"Make your future"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity for career growth and progressive change. If you are willing to invest time into learning you will be rewarded.

Cons

This may also be a Pro, but, if you are lazy, this isn't a good environment for you.

Advice to Management

Keep efficiency a priority. Evaluate employee compensation frequently;, reducing compensation for under achievers is sometimes better than increasing compensation of over achievers.