SolarCity - Team members are willing to help you each step of the way. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

"Team members are willing to help you each step of the way."

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Riverside, CA
Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Riverside, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Besides the benefits, everyone works together as a team and wants everyone to succeed.

Cons

Wanting to see as many appointments as possible and coming home to the family at a descent hour.

Advice to Management

Keep the team environment going its working.

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

1. "Fast, fun growing Solar installer and financer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, inspired senior management/leadership, meaningful work, dynamic and changing company that is growing quickly. the corporate office is buzzing with activity and the company is consistently pushing for improvements

Cons

as the company grows roles and needs are constantly changing. the company is in the process of sorting out benefits now that they are public.

"You are only as good as your number"

Former Employee - Field Energy Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Field Energy Advisor in San Diego, CA

I worked at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can make your own schedule
    my co-workers were great people

Cons

Make no mistake, they WILL fire you if you don't make quota. This is a big company, I had little training and little contact with managers. I made it clear I had entry level sales experience, I was an fea for 2 months before they "Separated" from me. They set me up to fail and someone who had never even met me personally or talked to me before fired me via speaker phone. Part of my quota was how many of my appointments sold, which I had limited control over. If you have new or crappy consultants, your out of luck! I understand that they need to make money off of me being there but the lack of training or coaching and the structure of the position needs to be reassessed. They gave up on me while I was still trying to figure everything out. Most of what I learned about solar and strategy I had learned from my co-workers. My quota wasn't even explained to me by my manager until a week before I had left. Expect anything you need to take forever.This company is growing too fast for its own good and the employees will suffer the growing pains until they figure out best practices. On the upside, I was happy to leave. The work was constant, the stress was high, and my level of frustration with everything by the time I left was something I was glad to unload when I walked out their doors. SolarCity is great for a lot of people, but just know what you are getting into. You are not part of a "team", you are completely expendable.

Advice to Management

Train your employees better. Reassess the quota structure so that each employee has full control over their own quota and does not depend on others to make their numbers.