SolarCity - Believe in a Better Way and Career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

"Believe in a Better Way and Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Granite Bay, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Granite Bay, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a special time in the worlds history. If you want to be a part of something huge look here!

Cons

If you don't like upward mobility and hard work then stay away.

Advice to Management

Listen to the boots on the ground we do a good job, but don't stop listening, improve and adapt.

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

"It has been a great experience working for SolarCity"

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great salary, awesome commission structure, and they offer fantastic benefits. So far I have worked forSolarCity for about 5 months now and I have never worked for a company as exciting and life changing as this company. Not only does SolarCity help our country here but it is also helping third world countries.

Cons

There are no downsides when you are passionate of what you do. If you like to work and you want to be compensated for your hard work this is the place to be. There is no negative when you are helping earth be a better tomorrow for our future generations.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be that we need to continue expanding to others stores where we can meet more people. It would be great if we can also expand to other states.

"Exciting and at the same time Volitile"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great product
    -Disruptive technology
    -Feels good to help the environment
    -Great coworkers
    -Best software being used in the industry
    -Company is probably the best positioned company in the industry to last. The company is making strong efforts to make sure we can

Cons

-Relatively low pay for the work and for the industry
    -Most poeple feel that the pay scale is very top heavy on the executive level. I'm not talking about CEO level, but all the others.
    -There are so many new Directors, and RVP's and Area managers, it is impossible to keep track of the organization. And from the top view, this is probably fine. But for the underlings, it's not comforting to not know who you are actually working for.
    -The office is pretty drab. This is not your ping pong, free snacks and Odwala company. This is come in to work, sit in a cubicle and grind.
    -No benefits. Seriously, the benefits are really weak. In order to stay a lean, they have trimmed off all the fat. Can we get a gym discount??? Anything?
    -Jobs are cancelled if they aren't cookie cutter. We seem to start ideas and team and change them without giving them the full support necessary.
    -The company will change direction of the company on a dime. This leaves employees out in the cold many times.