SolarCity - Managers have nice titles but no credibility | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

"Managers have nice titles but no credibility"

Pros

They're strong believers in their ways. Their stock is doing well so far. That's about all the positivity I can think of.

Cons

Managers have titles but no real experience in managing. Don't expect any face-to-face training or managing. They hire you for your experience but don't use any of it. I had more experience than my managers, but they had no interest in any of my input. Managers will expect you to give your life to the company, but won't show any support for your efforts. A couple of Energy Advisors were let go because of "lack of production", but if NO ONE is hitting the numbers they expected, isn't it time to look at managements' decisions rather than fire people? It'll be flowers and sunshine at first, but please look deeper into things before signing up for the solar cult. If you have experience in sales and/or marketing, you will be frustrated in their managing practices.

Advice to Management

I would give some suggestions but they weren't interested in my input as an employee so I'm not interested in offering advice now.

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

"CAUTION"

I worked at SolarCity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Although, I had a terrible experience the last year I worked with SolarCity, I cant say it wasn't always bad, they have just made some terrible decisions and got very ruthless after going public.

Cons

This company doesn't pay their employees well, they will also manipulate the system in order to pay someone completely different from someone with the same job title, also too many changes within a company in such a little time makes employees feel unstable and they will have no problem disposing you.

Additionally, if you work with this company, don't get sick, pregnant or let them know you may need to take any type of leave. They will find a reason to make sure you are out the door before hand.

Advice to Management

TRAIN YOUR NEW MANAGERS, WHO NEVER HAD EXPERIENCE MANAGING, HOW TO BE A MANAGER AND NOT SOMEONE WHO EXPLOITS & BULLIES THEIR EMPLOYEES!

"SolarCity upward mobility and great people"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work with amazing people. Lots of potential for career growth for those who work hard, do well, and express an interest. It feels great to sell something that is changing the world and helping families. It's even better to do it at a company that is looking at the long term... not just the here and now.

Cons

Long hours, but fulfilling. If you're uncomfortable with "change," this may not be the company for you. If you embrace new ideas and ways of doing things, you may find a home at SolarCity.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open as we continue to grow.