SolarCity - Great Place to work with lost of opportunity for growth! Fun company with an amazing mission | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

"Great Place to work with lost of opportunity for growth! Fun company with an amazing mission"

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Fresno, CA
Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Fresno, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get to be apart of the next big Change

Cons

With change come the need to be willing to adapt quickly

Advice to Management

Believe in a better way :-)

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

"Chew you up and spit you out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved SolarCity at first. Great co-workers and my job itself was challenging and fun. And to be part of a movement that is helping our planet felt good too. I saw this company as a place I would like to retire from and I am relatively young.

Cons

Then the honeymoon was over. You were told you weren't working fast enough or doing enough. I was told "you don't have to work harder, but smarter." Meanwhile, tools weren't provided to do so and you ended up working long hours at a low salary pay. I worked many 10-12 hour days. People were burned out and the stress and tension in the air made it tough to work there. While I loved the employees I worked with, the lack of work/life balance really takes a toll.

Management is really poor in certain departments and unless you're in sales, training is quite poor. If you have any issues or go to HR, they are no help and very disorganized as well. It's appalling as HR is pretty cut and dry and not a new industry like solar. No excuses there.

Advice to Management

I know as a publicly traded company now, you have to turn a profit and get out of the red and cutting back/cutting corners is inevitable. But burning your employees is not a wise solution. More often than not, successful companies have mostly happy employees. While most of the reviews on here are 5-star and short, I think they have been created artificially by the recruiting team to make potential new hires want to work there. While I worked for your establishment, many employees were unhappy. I hope this review might raise more awareness as I see your potential to be successful and I truly believe in your cause.

"this is not really a job, it's a hobby"

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule, that's about it

Cons

bad leads, low commissions, 3 months ramp up period

Advice to Management

bunch of yes-men. lot of turnover.