SolarCity - The first job I ever had where the management was smarter than me. Work here if you can. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

"The first job I ever had where the management was smarter than me. Work here if you can."

Current Employee - Field Sales in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Field Sales in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are given free room to succeed, and success is noticed and rewarded by direct and senior management. Lots of opportunity for rapid career advancement and development. The company is full of smart, interesting, motivated people. Management has yet to do something that I wouldn't do in their place. The epitome of "doing well by doing good". I turned down a much better paying job when I joined SolarCity, and I made the right decision.

Cons

The company is very de-centralized in terms of employee locations, so there may be a lot of variety in experience. I am not an employee working out of HQ. Many employees are relatively autonomous in the field (for better and worse). This is not a place to coast and requires a large commitment of time and energy. SolarCity decisions can be strict at times, but they're always logical and ultimately fair.

Advice to Management

Stop making video montages to music. Just stop. No. Shhhh...no.

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

"Amazing"

Current Employee - Fea in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Fea in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovators, Changing the world, making a difference

Cons

The reduction of team meetings. One meeting every 5 months is not enough when your inside a THD store.

Advice to Management

Randomly reach out to team members in your sales field that showed success and numbers declined. Changes in direct management several times in one year can effect a person performance.

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Office Manager in El Paso, TX

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We are making the world a better place; it is awesome to be part of something growing, cutting edge and productive; we are building a great team in our office and it is a pleasure to be a part of it.

Cons

Everything moves at 500 miles per hour; a seat-belt is recommended. This is not a job for sissies, and it takes commitment and concentration to be a contributor.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work; keep us engaged.