SolarCity - Customer Service Rep...new to the company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

"Customer Service Rep...new to the company"

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quite a few nice people to work with, the health benefits seem good, the break rooms are stocked with snacks and drinks

Cons

Its a call center, the pay is bad...the pay doesn't match what they expect the customer service rep to do/know (which is just about everything), above i said the health benefits seem fine...but with the amount your paid...after paying benefits...you're basically making a min. wage paycheck every two weeks; oh and I didn't factor in taxes!

Advice to Management

as a customer service rep you're a salary employee... pay is $25,000 annually. they offer a bonus program if you meet or exceed monthly quota. The highest bonus paid monthly is $700 (that's getting 150% of quota) so basically impossible to get unless you work all the time...which then wouldn't make sense because as a salary employee you don't get overtime and if you worked overtime you'd get paid more. other employees have said that getting above monthly quota is difficult to get. I think management should just roll the $700 monthly into our annual salary (it'd be an extra $175 a week on our weekly pay). The better pay...would make us a lot happier to be representing the company and would give us more breathing room financially.

The company seems to be growing...fast, which can be good and bad.

its a call center...gets old, real quick

they seem to hire more from the outside then internally; I don't want to be a customer service rep forever...really i just don't want to be stuck on the phones forever

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity