SolarCity - It is very exciting to be part of a growing company that is changing the way energy is consumed in the country! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

"It is very exciting to be part of a growing company that is changing the way energy is consumed in the country!"

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great mission, positive leadership, good management, willing to listen for ideas to make company better, good benefits.

Cons

Because we are a young company we go through growing pains and sometimes don't always provide the best customer experience. Sometimes there are too many hands in the pot with too many employees working with the same customer, which can get confusing to the customer and cause them to get bombarded.

Advice to Management

Keep working on customer service. I have seen some serious gaps in providing a good customer experience. Keep focusing on providing a great customer experience and getting problems solved quickly and get Customer Care to contact the right person right away, so the responses get done faster.

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

"Resigned for many, many reasons"

Former Employee - Solar Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Solar Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at SolarCity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a high-flying, exciting company with a stud Chairman in Elon Musk.

Cons

They've grown too fast, so have not properly trained their installers, leading to multiple rooftop disasters while on my watch. Also, they cut all salespeople's pay once their business values shifted to please their Wall Street shareholders. Get ready for 12 hour days, 6 days per week if you want to get ahead as a salesperson.

Advice to Management

Change the way you manage/value your salesforce.

"A company that believes in you as much as its product."

Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Lancaster, CA
    Current Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Lancaster, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What we offer is energy, at a better price, it sells itself. Easy to get promoted. Great Pay, Salary PLUS commission. Great management team. Everyone is friendly. Company provides the training and equipment to do your job.

Cons

You have a quota that you are expected to maintain and exceed. You usually work a lot and can basically say bye to your weekends.