SolarCity - It has been a fast pace with a lot of personal growth required on my part to stay with the pack of amazing leaders. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SolarCity

"It has been a fast pace with a lot of personal growth required on my part to stay with the pack of amazing leaders."

Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Field Energy Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I believe I am working for the best company of all time. I love working for SolarCity!

Cons

The job doesn't leave much time for family and friends; especially if you have to travel out of town.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you've been doing since you brought in Hayes! SolarCity has a Zen like management style: with love, gratitude, and appreciation!

Other Employee Reviews for SolarCity

"Exciting company to work for, surrounded by lots of talented individuals with vision."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mililani, HI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mililani, HI

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about working for SoalrCity is that they have a very team oriented culture where you can always find someone who is willing to help when you have a question or problem.

Cons

Due to their rapid growth they often rely on temp workers or workers who do not have a sufficient amount of experience to perform the functions of their position. This creates a lot of problems and wasted time correcting the problems that arise. On department in particular where this has been a problem is in accounting and has delayed payments to vendors sometimes for several months-this is not good for business.

Advice to Management

Be willing to pay a little bit more money to hire more people with experience in their field. SolarCity has some great young talent, but they are also very green when it comes to on the job experience. These shortcomings do affect our bottom line and the ways that projects are managed.

"1 Year Anniversary"

Current Employee - Accounting Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SolarCity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fully support and in sync with company values and mission.
    Great colleagues and mgmt team is fully focus.

Cons

Parking is limited and lunch menu selection is sort of limited.